Maryland at Ohio State

ArtVanDelay

1 minute ago, ArtVanDelay said:

This has been one of the worst refereed games I’ve seen this year as far as ticky tack fouls.  Let them play!  Such an irritating game to watch.

It's infuriating because they flip flop between calling ticky tack fouls and letting them play through a ton of contact.  No consistency.

• Upvote 1

Stix was totally awful today.  Worst game he’s played in months.

Stix struggles with good big bodies around him. Tough game for him but they weren't looking for him at all in the second half. Typically Turgeon offense and throwing up 9000 3s when behind instead of slowly eating away at the lead. Saying that, Stix struggling and not being much of a factor and the biased tic-tac refereeing was a combo MD couldn't over come.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Stix struggles with good big bodies around him. Tough game for him but they weren't looking for him at all in the second half. Typically Turgeon offense and throwing up 9000 3s when behind instead of slowly eating away at the lead. Saying that, Stix struggling and not being much of a factor and the biased tic-tac refereeing was a combo MD couldn't over come.

Makes me wonder about his NBA future.  Is he going to be able to compete with guys who have 50+ lbs on him?  He’s an ok 3 point shooter but nothing special.

Give some credit to Ohio state though, they played well, hit their free throws, and were the better team today.  Games like this remind me not to get too excited over the Terps this year. Too much parity in college basketball and MD will always be an up and down bi polar team. You might get the Terps that can win the National Championship or you may get the team that beats a team with a sub-.500 record by one point. 

3 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Makes me wonder about his NBA future.  Is he going to be able to compete with guys who have 50+ lbs on him?  He’s an ok 3 point shooter but nothing special.

He's still young, but he's a stretch-4 being asked to be a center because the team has no front court depth.

• Upvote 1

He's playing at the 5.  He's probably an NBA stretch 4, especially if he improves his shot.

I don't think he's a star in the NBA though.

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The 3 ball got the Terps back in it.  Wesson being allowed to do whatever he wanted in the paint by the refs kind of took away any sort of post game for the Terps.  Not to take away from his basketball skills, he's also really good, but when you're good and have the refs on your side, there's not much you can do.