MLB: Meet Yusniel DIaz

weams

12 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

The "bad time" you are referring to is usually, at worst, what people call paranoia. That's unpleasant whether it is part of your normal psychological make-up or the result of imbibing a substance, whether alcohol or blueberry pie. Neither alcohol nor blueberry pie could be considered "harmless," using your term. Meanwhile, overeating and indigestion can create a "bad time," as well, as can stress, depression, insomnia, narcissism (ahem), OCD, etc. Many of those maladies can be alleviated for some people by the usage of THC and/or CBD. But that was never my point. And you knew it. Every reader knew what I meant by OD, especially after reading that people "died from excessive caffeine consumption" But you insisted on attempting to "correct" me, trying to be dominant.

btw: I get that pedantry is your schtick, but you misused the term "toxic overdose" in a failed attempt to equate it to "death by overdose." When you purported that the phrase, "toxic overdose," indicates that a person has died, you failed to recognize the fact that many people recover from toxic overdose when treated in time.

PS: Your ceaseless pedantry is annoying to most everyone, though occasionally, it can be amusing. Mostly, however, it is worrisome. And I am not trying to be funny by saying that.

You are the one that literally said " Death is the overwhelmingly commonly accepted connotation of the phrase, "OD."".  For the record I don't think that is true at all.  For instance the sentence Billy OD'd on barbiturates and had to get his stomach pumped is acceptable.  Or you could say that Mia Wallace OD'd in the movie Pulp Fiction.

As for symptoms they can include elevated heart rate and hallucinations.  Life threatening?  Not really, but a bad time?  I've had an elevated heart rate (thanks ripped fuel) and it scared the crap out of me and I wasn't high when it happened.

With the current movement toward legalization a lot of folks are suggesting that we are talking about a substance that has many benefits and amusing side-effects (munchines and mild paranoia).  I'm not against legalization but think they are being disingenuous.

As for the rest of your nonsense, attack me all you like, it doesn't improve your argument.