9/3 O's at Red Sox

PaulFolk

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Baseball gods intervene on the behalf of the Dead Sox again!

Is there a team that has had more endings like that in the last five years? Seriously, it is flabbergasting. I am not saying it is luck, we have given them quite a few games, but just the way it keeps happening is staggering.

They know they are never out of games. I felt that way for a good part of this year about the O's but that feels like a long time ago now.

What happened (she asks because she's stuck at work with no TV or mlb.com subscription)??? :eek:

I'm in the same boat, but here's how it looked on Yahoo's live box score:

Bot 9th: Boston

- J. Ellsbury reached on fielder's choice, A. Cora to third, C. Crisp to second, A. Cora scored on pitcher J. Miller's throwing error

Thank you Orioles for ruining an otherwise perfectly good day where I was in a meeting at a lodge up on the Blue Ridge Parkway until 2 PM. :angryfire:

Can someone describe the bottom of the 9th to me? I'm still at work, have no clue as to what happened, and desperately want to share in the misery.

After a bunt that was going foul hit something and went fair again, they had first and second. They laid down another bunt and Miller fielded it cleanly, had a chance at third, but missed Huff by about 3 miles, allowing the winning run to score, E1.

After a bunt that was going foul hit something and went fair again, they had first and second. They laid down another bunt and Miller fielded it cleanly, had a chance at third, but missed Huff by about 3 miles, allowing the winning run to score, E1.

Ugh. I guess I'm glad I missed it then.

Orioles fans are cursed. Why does this keep happening each and every year? These late-season collapses are getting more heart-breaking all the time.

Thank you, Trembley. Walker should have been out after the HBP, Cherry after the first walk (if you really mean what you say about walks and HBPs), but you leave them in, and set up a pair of two run innings by doing so.

Cormier could have started the fourth, until he showed signs of tiring, and Sarfate also could have gone longer, too. Takes two pitchers out too soon, and two too late.

Did anyone not expect the Red sox to score in the ninth, after we went down weakly in the eighth and ninth after totally botching a man on second, no out chance by being impatient at the plate?

Ugh, I'm really glad I missed that now although I'm sure I'll see it 85 times on Baseball Tonight later. :angryfire:

*sigh* I felt pretty good about this game today too until Walker came in. Why is he still on the team? I feel about him the same way I feel about Corey Patterson on the Reds....they seem to be very nice people but it's time to GO AWAY and not come back. :cussing:

Ugh, I'm really glad I missed that now although I'm sure I'll see it 85 times on Baseball Tonight later. :angryfire:

*sigh* I felt pretty good about this game today too until Walker came in. Why is he still on the team? I feel about him the same way I feel about Corey Patterson on the Reds....they seem to be very nice people but it's time to GO AWAY and not come back. :cussing:

No kidding. This could not happen against the Royals, could it. We will see it constantly for the rest of the week since it was against the Baseball Gods of New England.

And I wish I could figure out why Walker is still on this team, or pitching in semi-close games. I like the guy, but it is pretty evident that he has lost it this year, and he is not going to find it anytime soon. He is in his late 30's...it happens.

Why does this keep happening each and every year?

Yeah I know this is a rhetorical question but I am frustrated so I'll have at it.

Alot goes in to being this bad unfortunatly. But it all started years ago with an unwillingness to draft players that were perceived to want big money. Also had to do with poor player developement and international scouting.

Archived