MLB.com ranks O’s farm system 13th

Frobby

Interesting. A few things that stuck out for me:

- Everyone likes to dunk on the Marlins, but they're ranked #4. Their MLB actually isn't completely dreadful either, some apologies might be store for Jeter down the road.

- The Giants really turned around their system in a hurry. With the financial power that team has, Zaidi and Gettleman will have that team competing with the Dodgers soon.

- White Sox's farm is completely top-heavy. There isn't much beyond Robert, Vaughn, Kopech, and Madrigal - awesome players to have - but I'd expect them to be active in Free Agency this winter to fill the gaps.

- I wouldn't be surprised if Gunnar Henderson makes the Top 100 next year.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Chewbacca Jr. said:

Plenty of reasons - Mountcastle might have a higher ceiling, but Hays is expected to perform better this year. Or, they aren't expecting Mountcastle to be called up until later in the season.

Why would you expect the defending league MVP to spend a substantial amount of the season repeating a level?  How many top 100 guys repeat a level?

11 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Why would you expect the defending league MVP to spend a substantial amount of the season repeating a level?  How many top 100 guys repeat a level?

I think they hold Mountcastle down in Norfolk for time reasons. Hays has a better defensive profile compared to Mountcastle's lack there of. I think that's the reasoning that's being applied.