MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

12 hours ago, atomic said:

Gaining 7 pounds a week seems pretty extreme.  I have been losing weight as I have just been eating healthy food. I had to put another notch in my belt.

The bigger question is why on earth are you wearing pants that require a belt! It's the frickin' apocalypse. Joggers / sweatpants are acceptable work attire. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

The bigger question is why on earth are you wearing pants that require a belt! It's the frickin' apocalypse. Joggers / sweatpants are acceptable work attire. 

I saw some guy walking his dog in pajamas in the afternoon.  Slippery slope from wearing sweat pants to wearing the same pajamas 7 days in a row and stop bathing and painting a face on a soccer ball and giving it a name.I am trying to stay a little bit sane. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, weams said:

All this talk about how they are going to work out the baseball schedule kind of feels like them postponing the dance schedule on the Titanic as it is going down.  It is as if sports leagues and fans are living in an alternative reality.  

Seems like the stores are getting a little better each week on grocery items.Still frozen vegetables, eggs and the usual toilet paper and paper towels and sanitizer and bleach are still very low.One store for senior day has toilet paper behind the counter for seniors.At  least for the last two weeks 

Viaduct? Why no chickens?

Also no chicken breast in the meat case.I guess no chickens have crossed the road yet.

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Seems like the stores are getting a little better each week on grocery items.Still frozen vegetables, eggs and the usual toilet paper and paper towels and sanitizer and bleach are still very low.One store for senior day has toilet paper behind the counter for seniors.At  least for the last two weeks 

Viaduct? Why no chickens?

Also no chicken breast in the meat case.I guess no chickens have crossed the road yet.

I do like how everyone is saying to sanitize your package with Clorox wipes.  Like those things exist in the wild.  We got two containers of those back in early February when I figured this was going to happen.  But we are out now.  And we are out of paper towels.  I guess not as prepared as I thought I was. 

14 minutes ago, atomic said:

I do like how everyone is saying to sanitize your package with Clorox wipes.  Like those things exist in the wild.  We got two containers of those back in early February when I figured this was going to happen.  But we are out now.  And we are out of paper towels.  I guess not as prepared as I thought I was. 

Staples and Office Depot have paper towels you can order online.Not that cheap but free delivery.Mostly have industrial brands left now like Boardwalk. Not sure of the quality.

Actually Office Depot has Marcal.At least for now 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Staples and Office Depot have paper towels you can order online.Not that cheap but free delivery.Mostly have industrial brands left now like Boardwalk. Not sure of the quality.

Actually Office Depot has Marcal.At least for now 

I just looked after posting and Amazon had Brawny so I ordered some. 

1 hour ago, atomic said:

I saw some guy walking his dog in pajamas in the afternoon.  Slippery slope from wearing sweat pants to wearing the same pajamas 7 days in a row and stop bathing and painting a face on a soccer ball and giving it a name.I am trying to stay a little bit sane. 

I've been keeping my routine (still get up early and shower every morning), but I draw the line at pants w/out an elastic waistband when working from home. 

20 hours ago, atomic said:

Really are you even reading what I am saying.  SCHOOLS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN SPECTATOR SPORTS.  Almost all governments will not allow baseball to happen.  They aren't' going to let a traveling virus show hit their town.   They can go play in Brazil like the UFC if they want to but it isn't going to happen here in the US.  The players will never go to a third world country. But you can live in your fantasy land if you want.  

And the sports would take a tremendous backlash by even attempting something like you suggest.

I am reading.  You say school is more important than spectator sports.  This is a belief you have not based on logic. 

1.) Who gets more funding, a stadium for a professional team or Olympic committee or public school system?  Answer, sports.  Sports has more money for politicians and more jobs.  Rich people send their kids to private schools, which have the ability to do home schooling and what not.  Politicians will sell their first child to have a NFL team in their city, you think they give a darn about schools in budgets?  Give me a break.

2.) Yes, they will.  Again, WWE in Florida is this weekend.  Two nights, over 50 superstars (heck I think they do a Battle Royal for Andre The Giant memorial with 30 guys in ring same time) is still occurring despite the Governor issuing stay at home order.  So to your governments not allowing this traveling virus show to hit their town is also a nice lack of reality.  If MLB wants to have no attendance games in Florida right now, the governor and the state would 95% let that happen.  I'd assume that is the same for other states as well.  Let us remember, MLB was last organization to stop playing sports amid coronavirus.  

3.) You go to schools AGAIN AND AGAIN, and comparatively it makes no sense for the basis of your argument.  Schools have closed because they operate in two semesters, generally from January to June and August/September to December/January.  It makes no sense to restart the school year at this moment since they've missed now two months.  If they started up in May, that would bring them to August, start of the next school year, if June as some analysts predict, may be September, which would overlap school years.  Business like MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL MLS are not tied to school years, so why would MLB not start on June 1 if they could?  You make no sense.  

4.) I don't know why I bother with you because you don't read and or listen and the vast majority of your strong held opinions are based on your feelings and not in reason.  Good luck telling the NFL to hold their season because the kids haven't gone back to school.  They have enough politicians and bring enough money to the table, that they will start whenever they want.  And if they get delayed, it is more because this virus is out of control than the kids and their schools.  But what do I know I'm living in fantasy sports land.  

The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluations (IHME) has put out a tool that estimates hospital resources - beds, ICU beds, invasive ventilators per day through the summer.  It shows peak use on April 15 with a more gradual decline through mid June.  It also shows estimated deaths per day.

They loaded it on April 1 and will update on April 4.  Based on JHU data, the number of deaths yesterday were slightly less than IHME’s low end estimate.

This assumes full social distancing through May.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluations (IHME) has put out a tool that estimates hospital resources - beds, ICU beds, invasive ventilators per day through the summer.  It shows peak use on April 15 with a more gradual decline through mid June.  It also shows estimated deaths per day.

They loaded it on April 1 and will update on April 4.  Based on JHU data, the number of deaths yesterday were slightly less than IHME’s low end estimate.

This assumes full social distancing through May.

Yes,I have seen wide ranges from 38,000 to 2.1 million

I guess IHME is around 93,000 into August But still data based on how the virus will perform and people will act.

Hopefully we get the real low end and does not come back in the fall