Hafner and Horse Poop

Fairfax Bird

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the bottom line.

Everything else just sounds like sore loser whining IMO. I understand the sentiment, but I can't say I agree with it. Certainly not to the point of rooting for pinstriped toddlers to prevail. :eek:

No it's not and it's incredibly disrespectful to say that.

I agree with Frobby that the hitters didn't do much, but it doesn't excuse the Indians for being bush league.

Buy a clue before you start calling me a whiny sore loser....

it was bush league for the Indians to play Hafner in the AA playoffs, but the Baysox offense just didn't get the job done, scoring a total of three runs the last two games. Last I looked, Hafner wasn't pitching.

Agree 100%.

Nor did they get it done enough w/ regard to the rest of the offense. Hafner alone didn't beat anyone.

Since I started this thread I thought I would weigh back in. I still think the whole Hafner thing really stinks. Most teams that aren't in the pennant race don't send rehabbing players out for this long and I agree with the sentiment that the players who earned the trip to the playoffs should have been playing instead of a ML star. They stacked their team.

That said, I also agree with the sentiment that the Baysox did not earn it.

it was bush league for the Indians to play Hafner in the AA playoffs, but the Baysox offense just didn't get the job done, scoring a total of three runs the last two games. Last I looked, Hafner wasn't pitching.

Yep...Pitchers didn't get it done..>Wieters was basically non existent in a short series and other than Reimold, no one really showed up offensively.

Hafner was improtant and it was bs for them to be able to play them but the Baysox flat out got beat.

While I agree that this sucks, I have a question for all of you to think about.

If the Bowie pitchers that we have all been screaming about bringing up to the O's can't get one major league player out, how would they fair against a whole team of major league players? Maybe the Bowie pitchers aren't quite ready yet...although they may be better than what we have.

I think it was always pretty clear to those who follow MiL ball that the Bowie arms were/are not ready to be called-up. A lot of talent, but not close to refined enough to consistently get out ML hitters.

I think it was always pretty clear to those who follow MiL ball that the Bowie arms were/are not ready to be called-up. A lot of talent, but not close to refined enough to consistently get out ML hitters.

Thats a small sample size to claim that!! I'm sure if Hernandez and Tillman face Hafner 10 times that they would be more successful than Hafner. Hernandez problem started in the first inning and continued into the 2nd inning, if he had started off strong, facing Hafner would of been different and the same for Tillman.

Thats a small sample size to claim that!! I'm sure if Hernandez and Tillman face Hafner 10 times that they would be more successful than Hafner. Hernandez problem started in the first inning and continued into the 2nd inning, if he had started off strong, facing Hafner would of been different and the same for Tillman.

That's not his point. He's just saying we shouldn't be surprised that they struggled against Hafner (or even good AA hitters). And that we shouldn't worry about their readiness yet in getting out ML hitters because consensus says they're not.

Hmmm. I think you should re-read what I wrote. My point was that it was evident Hernandez was not ready for a ML promotion far prior to the playoffs.

Hmmm. I think you should re-read what I wrote. My point was that it was evident Hernandez was not ready for a ML promotion far prior to the playoffs.

Why because he give up a HR to Hafner!!:scratchchinhmm: Come on give me a break!! And if he had K'd him then I guess we all would be saying, he was ready to be promoted!:confused: Hernandez has faced ML hitters before, unfortunately Hafner got of hold of one, which he has down 146 times no shame in that. Hernandez had his "A" game or even his "B" game, I'm sure the results would of been different, but he came in with his bad game and that's what happens and he didn't have many this year.

That's not his point. He's just saying we shouldn't be surprised that they struggled against Hafner (or even good AA hitters). And that we shouldn't worry about their readiness yet in getting out ML hitters because consensus says they're not.

Good or bad AA hitters only hit .217. So I really don't think he struggled against "AA" hitters.

Why because he give up a HR to Hafner!!:scratchchinhmm: Come on give me a break!! And if he had K'd him then I guess we all would be saying, he was ready to be promoted!:confused: Hernandez has faced ML hitters before, unfortunately Hafner got of hold of one, which he has down 146 times no shame in that. Hernandez had his "A" game or even his "B" game, I'm sure the results would of been different, but he came in with his bad game and that's what happens and he didn't have many this year.

Holy wow. Truly unbelievable. Are you purposefully ignoring what I am saying???????? Let's try once more:

PRIOR TO THE PLAYOFFS -- IN OTHER WORDS BEFORE HERNANDEZ FACED TRAVIS HAFNER IN A PLAYOFF GAME -- IT WAS ALREADY EVIDENT THAT HERNANDEZ WAS NOT READY FOR A ML PROMOTION

He had a very nice season at AA. He would get smoked at the ML level. He needs better fastball command and, to be honest, a little more overall control over his arsenal. I think he needs to hold his stuff together later into games, as well. He's got a bright future (I think as a high leverage reliever) but he is not ML ready right now. Even if he threw a no-hitter against Akron, he would still not be ML ready right now.

Take a breath and read this post twice before responding -- that way we can actually have a conversation, as opposed to you simply throwing out DH talking points...

Buy a clue before you start calling me a whiny sore loser....

Well, well, well.

Somebody's taking this awfully personally even though I never mentioned his name.

Three negative feedbacks in 15 days Tony? Really? No one else has ever given me more than one (though SG, bless his heart, tried to and positive repped me by mistake)

I dropped the whole RShack ban issue, but you sure seem to be holding a grudge.

That's the bottom line.

Everything else just sounds like sore loser whining IMO. I understand the sentiment, but I can't say I agree with it. Certainly not to the point of rooting for pinstriped toddlers to prevail. :eek:

I agree with Boom Boom. I also agree that Hafner shouldn't have been playing. I know most of you are big Baysox fans and I understand your sentiment, but advocating throwing at Hafner is as bush league as people say the Indians organization was.

Archived