How and when will MLB resume in 2020? Update: Owners Agree - Proposal Submitted to Union

PaulFolk

27 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Keep in mind, there is a 2nd round of COVID expected in the fall around flu season and more deadlier.

For those that are skeptic, just look to the 1918 Spanish flu, and round was way more deadly.

This is what I’m going to be watching for next fall/winter. This was also the wave that took out many younger victims because of cytokine storm response. Their immune systems overreacted to the flu and it ended up killing or permanently damaging many survivors. 

9 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

This is what I’m going to be watching for next fall/winter. This was also the wave that took out many younger victims because of cytokine storm response. Their immune systems overreacted to the flu and it ended up killing or permanently damaging many survivors. 

The 1918 flu was actually deadlier on younger people then older people.One theory is that a milder strain of it came around and made many of the older people immune since they already had it.

7 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Would most of you watch the KBO?Looks like ESPN wanted to televise the games.First wanted it for free ,then wanted to pay a little till MLB started.KBO felt disrespected by that.

No.

Don't get me wrong watching baseball is great.  But part of it is watching guys you know to see how they're doing.  Or watching the new rookie or the exciting new free agent pickup.  It's why we still actively track Nick Markakis on here.  Seeing Adam Jones' career arc was great. 

I've got no interest in watching baseball where I don't know the players and don't know the teams.  I'd probably check it out for the novelty of it but I don't see myself actively watching the KBO.  Knowing myself, I'd probably get bored after a few games.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Would most of you watch the KBO?Looks like ESPN wanted to televise the games.First wanted it for free ,then wanted to pay a little till MLB started.KBO felt disrespected by that.

Zero interest in this. I don’t watch teams besides the Orioles in MLB. Have zero interest watching Korean baseball. 

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

But at best a guess based on prior pandemics.Seems like every day they learn something more about the virus that changes strategies, etc.Almost all of the pandemics in the last 100 years,the virus has come back in the fall or winter,may have not left but spiked up again at that time.

Interesting that in the 19l8 flu that NYC had the least deaths on the Eastern seaboard. Some people were also not happy back then about personal restrictions on travel, etc. Philadelphia had a parade during it which was not a good thing. 

Be interesting when and if we have a vaccine, how many people will get the shot.In a good year only about 42% who should get the shot do. Already see the anti vaxxers out at the rallies in force.

Still going July 4th,Scottsdale Orioles with amazing fireworks. 

I never get the flu shot. Partly because I think it's just a "Can't someone think about the children???!!?!!!!" overreaction. Partly because I don't believe it helps. Mostly because I just never get the flu. Just the way my body is for some reason. (I get stomach flus which are kind of worse, kind of better.)

Saying all that... I guarantee if and when they get a vaccine for COVID-19 I'll be the first in line. I don't know why but this one scares me.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, atomic said:

Zero interest in this. I don’t watch teams besides the Orioles in MLB. Have zero interest watching Korean baseball. 

I'm the same way with MLB. Only interested in Orioles games. The rare exception was the years we were in contention I'd watch a Yankees or Red Sox game.

3 minutes ago, scOtt said:

More at risk but much more set in their ways. "I've made it this long, this isn't going to stop me."

Look ..... I'm 49 and not scared of Covid 19 personally. If something unfortunate happens to me I will chalk it up to bad luck.

Based on the numbers, I am scared for my parents, they still live in South Baltimore, have and still smoke like chimneys, and have other health issues.

Its great to want to get past this and I do as much as anyone. But what Georgia and Florida are doing is just stupidity