2020 1st round pick (2): Heston Kjerstad - OF - (Junior) (Arkansas)

Just now, interloper said:

Elias and team deserve waaay more benefit of the doubt than saying he's "saving money" at this stage. We have some of the game's best evaluators and analytics. Let's just see! Interesting.

Definitely was here for Martin but this is where I sit now.

This guy has a fantastic bat from the left side. This also allows for a lot of options llthe rest of the draft.

• Upvote 1

A theory going around on another board I'm on, from someone who is a knowledgable poster when it comes to MLB prospects, indicates that there could be a lot of attention paid to Team USA summer team players, like Kjerstad and Meyer.  Teams might be weighing summer competition more this year because of the season being truncated.  

Kjerstad (pronounced Kur-stad) is a good player... maybe .280 with 30 HR power, and about an .820 OPS or better.  HOWEVER, he is yet another merely decent fielding corner outfielder who is a plodder with 40-tool speed. I care who we get at 30 and 39 with the savings, but I think years from now we will lament not taking Austin Martin at #2. Frankly I was yelling at the screen in anger. Anyway, welcome to Baltimore, Heston... hope you are great for us.

EDIT. MLB has his speed tool at 45, and arm as 55. Not really a "plodder", but below average speed out of the box, and average speed underway. As well, some have him as a 55 arm, not 50.  So he may be fine with arm strength. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1