Santander is back!

MurphDogg

Santander will have one of the most significant seasons of any Oriole this year. If he duplicates or improves on his ‘19, he becomes a legitimate meaningful part of the future, and If he doesn’t, he’s just a placeholder for Diaz or some other TBA. Most of the other guys are just placeholders, even if they do well this season. Ok, mediocre, or awful, they are just warm bodies for the moment. Santander is different.

I’m glad Santander is back, and I hope he stays.

11 hours ago, Philip said:

Santander will have one of the most significant seasons of any Oriole this year. If he duplicates or improves on his ‘19, he becomes a legitimate meaningful part of the future, and If he doesn’t, he’s just a placeholder for Diaz or some other TBA. Most of the other guys are just placeholders, even if they do well this season. Ok, mediocre, or awful, they are just warm bodies for the moment. Santander is different.

I’m glad Santander is back, and I hope he stays.

High hopes for a player who has only been on the field 60-70% of the time hes been here.  The best ability is dependability. 

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2020/07/santander-late-arrival-in-summer-training-camp-due-to-covid-19.html

Manager Brandon Hyde reviewed Santander’s workout yesterday and what lies ahead.

“Tony looked good yesterday,” he said. “He took some batting practice. We did some light outfield stuff. Pretty light workout. He’ll go through it again today, similar where he’s taking coaches batting practice, doing some cage stuff, doing some outfield drills. Happy with how he looked and feels good today, so we’ll continue to ramp him up.

“He tracked (pitches) in the bullpen also to help with getting his timing back as fast as possible, and we’ll continue to do that as well. And he’ll be facing some live pitching here shortly.”

The Orioles want to include Santander on their opening day roster for the July 24 game in Boston rather than place him on the injured list.