OK, we have a couple days to trim 10 guys

SteveA

OK, there are 40 guys left in Summer Camp in Baltimore.

(56 guys are on the 60 man list.  13 have been assigned to the other camp in Bowie, Blach and Wilkerson are still on the list and haven't officially been put on the injured list but we know they will be, and Dwight Smith is on the Covid IL which has no required length, he could be activated any time.

So that leaves 40 guys, and we have to trim 10 off.   What do you think?  Also, we have one open spot on the 40 man, so if you have more than 1 non-roster guy make the team someone has to be DFAd.

PITCHERS (22)
Armstrong
Bleier
Carroll
Castro
Cobb
Eshelman (NR)
Fry
Givens
Harvey (day to day with tired arm)
Hess
Lakins
LeBlanc
Means (dealing with tired arm)
Milone
Phillips
Scott
Stewart
Sulser
Tate (swollen elbow, likely headed to DL)
Valdez (NR)
Wojo
Zastrzny (NR)

CATCHERS (4)
Holoday (NR)
Severino
Sisco (day to day with sore triceps)
Wynns

INFIELDERS (8)
Alberto
Davis
Herrera (NR)
Iglesias
Nunez
Ruiz
Valaika (NR)
Velazquez

OUTFIELDERS (6)
Hays
Mountcastle
Mullins
Santander
Stewart
Williams (NR)

• Upvote 2

My 10 cuts:

6 pitchers, leaves us with 16 (assumes Harvey gets over his tired arm and doesn't start the year on the DL)
Fry
Hess
Lakins
Phillips
Tate to IL
Zastrzyny

I'm just cutting one C because of Sisco being banged up:
Wynn

Infield:, 
Either Valaika or Herrera doesn't make it, I'll say Herrera so we keep Valaika and Velazquez

Outfield:
Mountcastle
Williams

So that leaves a 30 man roster:
6 starters with one moving to the pen soon:  Means, Cobb, LeBlanc, Wojo, Milone, Stewart
10 relievers:  Armstrong, Bleier, Carroll, Castro, Eshelman, Givens, Harvey, Scott, Sulser, Valdez
3 catchers:  Holoday, Severino, Sisco
7 infielders;  Alberto, Davis, Iglesias, Nunez, Ruiz, Valaika, Velazquez
4 outfielders:  Hays, Mullins, Santander, Stewart

So I have 4 non roster guys making the team:  Eshelman, Holoday, Valdez, and Valaika.   That means I have to DFA 3 guys off the 40 man roster:  Taylor Davis, Ramon Urias, and Evan Phillips.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, SteveA said:

My 10 cuts:

6 pitchers, leaves us with 16 (assumes Harvey gets over his tired arm and doesn't start the year on the DL)
Fry
Hess
Lakins
Phillips
Tate to IL
Zastrzyny

Wynn

Either Valaika or Herrera doesn't make it, I'll say Herrera so we keep Valaika and Velazquez

Outfield:
Mountcastle
Williams

6 starters with one moving to the pen soon:  Means, Cobb, LeBlanc, Wojo, Milone, Stewart
10 relievers:  Armstrong, Bleier, Carroll, Castro, Eshelman, Givens, Harvey, Scott, Sulser, Valdez

So I have 4 non roster guys making the team:  Eshelman, Holoday, Valdez, and Valaika.   That means I have to DFA 3 guys off the 40 man roster:  Taylor Davis, Ramon Urias, and Evan Phillips.

Taylor Davis isn’t on the 40.

I thought I heard or read that the Covid DL creates an open 40 spot? Or am I wrong?

2 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I thought I heard or read that the Covid DL creates an open 40 spot? Or am I wrong?

Oops thanks.  I have to find someone else to cut.

I don't know about the Covid IL not counting towards the 40.  Now I don't think guys who have opted out of the season due to Covid like Zimmerman or Posey or Price count against the 40.  But we don't have any of those 

19 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

That can’t be true. Teams are not technically allowed to announce additions to the COVID IL.

Opting out altogether does create space.

53 minutes ago, SteveA said:

My 10 cuts:

Fry
Hess
Lakins
Phillips
Tate to IL
Zastrzyny

Wynn

Outfield:
Mountcastle
Williams

I think Fry is an absolute lock for the opening day roster. I don't see Carroll making it over him and i don' think they will carry both Eshelman and Valdez even though they both can be be stretched out.

Just now, Enjoy Terror said:

That can’t be true. Teams are not technically allowed to announce additions to the COVID IL.

I heard they could announce that.  They just can't mention a player's Covid status.

Going on the Covid IL doesn't mean you are positive.  It could mean that, or that you were and are still getting into shape (like Dwight Smith), or you were exposed to someone and have to quarantine, or you have taken a test and are awaiting the results.

29 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I just checked. They can be placed on a “special” list that does not have them count against the 60. Didn’t mention anything about the 40 though.

Starters (5)   Milone, Cobb, LeBlanc, Means, Wojo

Relievers (10) Armstrong, Carroll, Castro, Givens, Stewart, Sulser, Bleier, Fry, Scott. Lakins

Harvey has a dead arm but with 10 relievers I don't think they IL him.    O's are intrigued by Stewart and probably keep him on the 30 even though Eshelman out pitched him.    Eshelman not being on the 40 man roster hurt him but he may be first man up.

Infielders   (6) Davis, Alberto, Iglesias, Ruiz, Valaika, Velazquez

Outfielders   (5) Stewart, Hays, Santander, Herrera, Mullins

Herrera looks like a better defensive OFer than Stewart.   Mullins is fast but I don't expect him to hit.

Catchers: (3) Severino, Sisco, Wynns

Sisco arm soreness  is projected to be gone by OD.   Wynns optioned.  Wynns or  Holaday on Taxi Squad.

DH  (1)  Nunez

That is 29.   Not sure about #30,  Could even be a waiver claim.

Herrera and Valaika need to be added to the 40 man.   40th spot is open, Urias or Hector Velazquez  DFA'd off the 40.  They could stay on the 60 if not claimed.   

Elias could make several waiver claims.

UPDATED:   So Harvey to the 10 Day IL and  I am adding Lakins and Wynns to the 30 man roster.  30 man rosters has to be set by 12 noon on Thursday.

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Starters (5)   Milone, Cobb, LeBlanc, Means, Wojo

Relievers (10) Armstrong, Carroll, Castro, Givens, Harvey, Stewart, Sulser, Bleier, Fry, Scott

Harvey has a dead arm but with 10 relievers I don't think they IL him.    O's are intrigued by Stewart and probably keep him on the 30 even though Eshelman out pitched him.    Eshelman not being on the 40 man roster hurt him but he may be first man up.

Infielders   (6) Davis, Alberto, Iglesias, Ruiz, Valaika, Velazquez

Outfielders   (5) Stewart, Hays, Santander, Herrera, Mullins

Herrera looks like a better defensive OFer than Stewart.   Mullins is fast but I don't expect him to hit.

DH  (1)  Nunez

That is 29.   Not sure about #30,  Could even be a waiver claim.

Herrera and Valaika need to be added to the 40 man.   40th spot is open, Urias or Hector Velazquez  DFA'd off the 40.  They could stay on the 60 if not claimed.   

Elias could make several waiver claims.

Catchers?