Defense up the middle

accinfo

Just having Iglesias at short and Hayes in center has made this defense so much better.  Ruiz is a decent 3rd baseman as well.  The bullpen is much improved even without Hunter Harvey.  Tanner Scott looks like the light has come on.  I have seen enough of Dwight Smith Jr.  Mountcastle can't be a worse outfielder.  I would like to see Diaz, Mountcastle and Nunez rotate between LF, 1B, and DH and see what we have.   I think you can make the argument that they could develop better playing in minor league games but just intersquad games isn't going to show what you need to see.  

17 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Just having Iglesias at short and Hayes in center has made this defense so much better.  Ruiz is a decent 3rd baseman as well.  The bullpen is much improved without Hunter Harvey.  Tanner Scott looks like the light has come on.  I have seen enough of Dwight Smith Jr.  Mountcastle can't be a worse outfielder.  I would like to see Diaz, Mountcastle and Nunez rotate between LF, 1B, and DH and see what we have.   I think you can make the argument that they could develop better playing in minor league games but just intersquad games isn't going to show what you need to see.  

Did you see Sisco throw out Turner tonight?

11 hours ago, accinfo said:

Just having Iglesias at short and Hayes in center has made this defense so much better.  Ruiz is a decent 3rd baseman as well.  The bullpen is much improved even without Hunter Harvey.  Tanner Scott looks like the light has come on.  I have seen enough of Dwight Smith Jr.  Mountcastle can't be a worse outfielder.  I would like to see Diaz, Mountcastle and Nunez rotate between LF, 1B, and DH and see what we have.   I think you can make the argument that they could develop better playing in minor league games but just intersquad games isn't going to show what you need to see.  

We could finally have a solid defense, but playing Smith in LF is like trying to tank - he's that bad.  And if Ruiz gets injured again or slumps badly, we can't go back to Nunez at 3B.  Wow, was he awful there.    

3 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Ha...pass interference.  Didn't actually throw him out. 

Wouldn't have even been close regardless of the inference.  Stole it on the pitcher though. 

Ha...you didn't keep watching.  The CS is at the 30 second mark.

Does seem like it's some sort of delayed steal attempt.

35 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Ha...pass interference.  Didn't actually throw him out. 

Easy stolen bag without the interference.  Stole it on the pitcher though. 

Yeah, I was confused by the interference call.  If the plate umpire was calling interference on the batter, the batter should be out, but he wasn't.  I didn't see umpire's interference, but perhaps that is what happened.  If the catcher's arm hits the umpire and the runner is safe, that is umpire's interference, and the runner is returned to first.  Had the runner been out, the umpires interference is waived off.