Ty Blach released, player pool at 59

MurphDogg

12 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Good to know. Not sure whether the Orioles save the $400 a week or not. Regardless getting the extra slot on the player pool was likely the motivating factor as they are paying all of their minor leaguers $400 a week, not just those in the player pool.

I think in order to release an injured player, they must come to a settlement, I am almost positive they are on the hook for his TJ recovery.

I didn’t know that second part, but good to know. But to the comment made about this not being a money move, it wouldn’t have killed them to throw the dude on the 40-man and send him to the restricted list. They could’ve designated him after the season, but my guess is he’s thrown his last pitch for Baltimore.

2 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I didn’t know that second part, but good to know. But to the comment made about this not being a money move, it wouldn’t have killed them to throw the dude on the 40-man and send him to the restricted list. They could’ve designated him after the season, but my guess is he’s thrown his last pitch for Baltimore.

His medical care is on the Orioles. That's usually about it for someone not on the 40 man roster. Or on a major league contract. Which I think is the important thing. 

6 hours ago, weams said:

His medical care is on the Orioles. That's usually about it for someone not on the 40 man roster. Or on a major league contract. Which I think is the important thing. 

That's what I was wondering. This is kind of cold, releasing a guy when he's down. But I assumed the rest of his med bills (all the rehab) will be covered by the O's. Certainly the surgery itself already IS on the O's tab.