Orioles Win MASN trophy again. 7-3

weams

11 hours ago, weams said:

Orioles Win MASN Trophy Again

o

If you had told me one day before the season started that the Orioles would take 4 out of 6 games from the defending World Champion Washington Nationals, I would have been pretty happy.

Well, the Orioles took 4 out of 6 games from the defending World Champion Washington Nationals ...... and I'm not happy.

The good news is that ...... I'm not happy. Today's loss doesn't feel like a loss from a team that just had back-to-back 100-Plus loss seasons, and that was expected by some to go about 15-45 this season. It's a feeling that I had in the years between 2012 and 2016, a time in which I expected the Orioles to win more often than not, a time when I would have thought that you just have to win games in which your offense scores 5 runs in 7 innings off of somebody like Max Scherzer.

When all is said and done, this 2020 Orioles team may come crashing down back to Earth and wind up finishing the season with a record of about 22-38 ...... but the way in which the boys in the orange-and-black uniforms have been playing has me in a different mindset as a fan of the team, even if it is only a fleeting mindset that may fade away by season's end.

o

• Upvote 1