Dillon Tate activated from IL, Phillips optioned

MurphDogg

Somewhat of a surprise to me, hadn't heard any rumblings that Tate would be back soon.

Hopefully Phillips finds his control at Bowie. His minor league walk rate is 4.0 BB/9 compared to 7.0 BB/9 in the Majors. His strikeout rate is actually higher in the Majors than in the minors, which makes me think he is just afraid of contact at the big league level (understandable as his HR rate is 1.3/9 in the majors compared to 0.5/9 in the minors).
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:
Somewhat of a surprise to me, hadn't heard any rumblings that Tate would be back soon.

Hopefully Phillips finds his control at Bowie. His minor league walk rate is 4.0 BB/9 compared to 7.0 BB/9 in the Majors. His strikeout rate is actually higher in the Majors than in the minors, which makes me think he is just afraid of contact at the big league level (understandable as his HR rate is 1.3/9 in the majors compared to 0.5/9 in the minors).

Heard my first rumbling yesterday when Roch reported Tate was close.

Who would have guessed Harvey would be out longer than Tate.   When Tate's injury happened, a few days later Brocail reported that Tate's elbow was swollen to the size of a grapefruit.   Harvey was "day to day" for the first several days he was injured.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Remind me, is it Dillon Tate who is terrible? Or is it Brandon Kline who is terrible?
I guess they are both better than Kremer, et al.

Tate has a lot of upside in the pen imo.  But he hasn’t been able to stay healthy enough to put it all together.  

Here’s hoping he can come in and pitch well and get an extended look.

16 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

As a fellow UCSB alum, I am hopelessly biased in Tate's favor.

I hope he is able to carve out a spot in the bullpen and help the team.

Phillips and Hess set the bar pretty low.

I do not have a problem with him. I had an interview with him last season and he seems like a very mature and intelligent person, I wish him well. But I’d still like to see some of our ready prospects to come up.