vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/18

OFFNY

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Radio announcers need to do a better job describing things. He was not that clear on Davis throw Home either. Said it got by Severino but I don’t think he said it bounced.  

You can watch games online don’t need radio. Lol

I've seen enough of Dwight Smith. What can you do with a .214 hitter and poor fielder who ignores the third base coach, then stops halfway between third and home to make it easy for the defense, effectively giving away the game?

If he thought he was going to score after getting such a terrible jump on Mullins' hit, he has lousy baseball instincts.

• Upvote 1

I've seen enough of Dwight Smith. What can you do with a .214 hitter and poor fielder who ignores the third base coach, then stops halfway between third and home to make it easy for the defense, effectively giving away the game?

If he thought he was going to score after getting such a terrible jump on Mullins' hit, he has lousy baseball instincts.

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

To be fair Arnold did say ball bounced on throw Home. Missed that   

Yeah, it was bounced, but it looked like an easy to grab one hopper. Helluva throw from Davis. If Pedro wasn't so good with the bat lately, I'd probably be more upset about the play, but DSJ's misreading of the 3rd base coach trumps it. 

9 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Renato Nunez wasn't making that stop at first, let alone a solid throw to the plate. They are hamstrung by having Davis on the roster, but bringing him in was the right call.

I guess it's more about having Chris Davis on the roster than that play per se. Davis has not looked very good defensively this year outside of scooping. As for that play, it was a tough error but if Davis takes a little more time I think he can make a better throw even though the throw wasn't horrible and should have been handled by Severino.

• Upvote 1