Mychal Givens, 2020

OFFNY

o

(vs. RED SOX, 7/25)

Givens entered the game with a runner on 1st base and 2 outs in the 8th inning. 

He stranded the runner at 3rd base to close out the 8th inning, and then recorded 3 more outs in the 9th to end the game.

Overall he recorded 4 outs while facing 5 batters, tallying 2 Strikeouts and ceding a Single.

He wound up throwing )21 Pitches )(14 )Strikes, )7 )Balls) )over 1.33 Innings Pitched.

o

19 minutes ago, ofan239 said:

Two words - trade bait . And I think we could get something valuable if they trade him 

As bad as relievers have been, and with all of the injuries, I would certainly expect something good in return. 

23 minutes ago, ofan239 said:

Two words - trade bait . And I think we could get something valuable if they trade him 

Define something valuable.

I don’t think he will be the only quality reliever on the market and I don’t see teams mortgaging their future for a set up guy in a 60 game COVID season. 

I think now is the right time to trade him . He is a free agent in 2022. This means that the team that receives him will have control through this year and 2021. Let’s not make the mistake we did with Britton and wait . Andy Mcphail’s words - better to trade a year too early than a year too late . Numbers are strong so far this year . Now’s the time . Not sure what we could get but I would think relievers would be in demand especially in this shortened season when maybe starters are not as stretched out to carry a larger workload .

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PHRESH said:

As bad as relievers have been, and with all of the injuries, I would certainly expect something good in return. 

The issue with trading anyone is the 60 man rule on trades.  Most team have 10 or so high prospects that they not trying to trade. Then the other are not great prospects but guys that can fill in if needed but not middle of road prospects,  I wouldn’t be surprised we see lots of player to be named later trades.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Define something valuable.

I don’t think he will be the only quality reliever on the market and I don’t see teams mortgaging their future for a set up guy in a 60 game COVID season. 

Saw h8m linked to the Whitesox and D-Backs.

I would be happy with Ryne Nelson And Dominic Fletcher . They are their #23 & #24 prospects.