Deadline 2020 Rumors and News Orioles related

Roll Tide

Just read through the post on MLBTR regarding the Padres needs. I think they’d be interested in Givens and if we’re lucky we’d be able to get one of their top 10 prospects. They’ve got a couple LHP rated 9 & 10 on the MLB page...Ryan Weathers and Joey Cantillo. Weathers was a 1st round pick but Cantillo has fared better thus far in his career. I think either one would be a good candidate and I’d be happy with that type of return for Givens. 

1 minute ago, makoman said:

Probably a lot of deals will be like this. Will be tough for us to compare value till the offseason.

Yep .... and I believe the PTBNL designation could mean more than 1 player....Is that right?

I doubt it will be ...Player A was traded to Team X. Team B receives a PTNL or PTBNLs, or PTBNL, PTBNL, etc???

7 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Yep .... and I believe the PTBNL designation could mean more than 1 player....Is that right?

I doubt it will be ...Player A was traded to Team X. Team B receives a PTNL or PTBNLs, or PTBNL, PTBNL, etc???

I don't think so. It's singular, or cash. I would think you would pluralize as players to be named later were that to be the case.

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Have you ever seen it pluralized? I can’t recall ever seeing it. This is a different year.

I don’t recall it being pluralized either, but also can’t recall any deals with more than one, I think that’s pretty unusual. So can’t really look up how it was announced originally. I’m sure in the history of baseball it must have happened...