Deadline 2020 Rumors and News Orioles related

Roll Tide

15 minutes ago, Philip said:

That is a good question, and I can’t give you an immediate answer. I can only give you a general answer and that would be projecting his success over the next three years, and getting a return that is projected for a greater success?
I’ve made it clear throughout the entire discussion that I trust Mike however, so I will happily defer to him and his judgment

Ok, so you think he has really good value but won’t give us an idea of that.

Do you think he’s worth 1 top 100 prospect?  2 top 100 guys?

If you used Orioles prospects as a barometer, who are some names you would expect back.

7 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Of course he won't make a trade unless he gets what he wants.  You've said that a few times - as if it's something people don't already know.  

Yes I don’t know why people question me on it..sports guy said Santander wouldn’t bring much, and I said, and very clearly, that Mike won’t make a trade unless he gets a good return, so he would definitely bring “much.” That is clear. I also said more than once that I trust Elias’ judgement.

Alex Cobb to the Braves makes sense.  You could take Ender Incarte back to help with the money owed to Cobb.  Ender has 1 more year for 9 million left next year, he can play all three outfield positions can come in as pinch runner and defensive replacement for Mountcastle.  

I would see about Cobb to Braves for Incarte and Touki/Bryce Wilson/Kyle Muller trade whichever you like best of the three pitchers.  Doubt they will want to trade Anderson or Wright but you can ask.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Alex Cobb to the Braves makes sense.  You could take Ender Incarte back to help with the money owed to Cobb.  Ender has 1 more year for 9 million left next year, he can play all three outfield positions can come in as pinch runner and defensive replacement for Mountcastle.  

I would see about Cobb to Braves for Incarte and Touki/Bryce Wilson/Kyle Muller trade whichever you like best of the three pitchers.  Doubt they will want to trade Anderson or Wright but you can ask.  

That seems like a lot for Cobb who has been bad for two years and only good for six starts. But if the Orioles eat most of Cobb's contract you never know. 

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Ok, so you think he has really good value but won’t give us an idea of that.

Do you think he’s worth 1 top 100 prospect?  2 top 100 guys?

If you used Orioles prospects as a barometer, who are some names you would expect back.

For Santander 1 and 2 other guys

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Cobb isn’t netting us much of anything unless we eat most of his deal and even then, I doubt the return will be anything special.

Its very possible they will be better off keeping him and having his leadership for the young pitchers going forward.

I don't think his leadership is worth say 10M. 

33 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Cobb isn’t netting us much of anything unless we eat most of his deal and even then, I doubt the return will be anything special.

Its very possible they will be better off keeping him and having his leadership for the young pitchers going forward.

If he’s a 3.75 starter at the deadline and we pay half of his 2021 we should be able to net a decent prospect or two