Mychal Givens Traded to the Colorado Rockies for Three

weams

3 minutes ago, weams said:

Or Gunnar could be a shortstop. Seriously. 

I thought it wasn’t expected that he was going to stick there, and we were going to have Hall at short? And then Henderson at third, and TBA at second, and a big party over at first, with Davis, Mancini, Mountcastle and now Vavra. Or Nevin, Im already getting them mixed up.

BTW, I keep wondering if Nevin is any relation to the American composer Ethelbert Nevin, who wrote the famous tune, “To a wild Rose.”

What? You’ve never heard of it??

tsk tsk....

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Jeter wasn't a butcher out there, he just didn't have the range for the position.

I also don't believe in Clutch, unless you are talking the car part or the band.

Per, FanGraphs, here’s an overall list of fielders who cost their teams the most runs on defense from 2003-2014:

1. Derek Jeter (-152)
  2. Prince Fielder (-95)
  3. Hanley Ramirez (-73)
  4. Yuniesky Betancourt (-66)
  5. Dan Uggla (-66)

https://elitesportsny.com/2017/05/13/remember-derek-jeter-lets-not-forget-horrid-defense/#:~:text=Per%2C%20FanGraphs%2C%20here's%20an%20overall,Hanley%20Ramirez%20(%2D73)

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CarrRun49 said:

Per, FanGraphs, here’s an overall list of fielders who cost their teams the most runs on defense from 2003-2014:

1. Derek Jeter (-152)
  2. Prince Fielder (-95)
  3. Hanley Ramirez (-73)
  5. Dan Uggla (-66)

https://elitesportsny.com/2017/05/13/remember-derek-jeter-lets-not-forget-horrid-defense/#:~:text=Per%2C%20FanGraphs%2C%20here's%20an%20overall,Hanley%20Ramirez%20(%2D73)

Sing it, bru!
Jeter sucked on defense, but he’s a YANKEE, so Damn the stats and make him unanimous.

Although I’m quite surprised Pedro Alvarez isn’t on the list.

Edited by Philip
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, CarrRun49 said:

1. Derek Jeter (-152)
  2. Prince Fielder (-95)
  3. Hanley Ramirez (-73)
  5. Dan Uggla (-66)

I know his defensive history.  But I  never looked at Jeter and said, he butchered that ball, if he could get to it, which he often couldn't, he could pick it and throw it adequately.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I know his defensive history.  But I  never looked at Jeter and said, he butchered that ball, if he could get to it, which he often couldn't, he could pick it and throw it adequately.

Couldn't that be said about all players in the major leagues?  That's like saying "so and so doesn't get to too many balls in the outfield, but when it's hit within 15' of him, he catches it." 

3 minutes ago, CarrRun49 said:

Couldn't that be said about all players in the major leagues?  That's like saying "so and so doesn't get to too many balls in the outfield, but when it's hit within 15' of him, he catches it." 

Nope.  Some of them can't cleanly field it or if they do, have a poor arm.  You've been watching the O's recently, use their infield play as an example.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nope.  Some of them can't cleanly field it or if they do, have a poor arm.  You've been watching the O's recently, use their infield play as an example.

I try not to.  Like yesterday, I found watching Man vs. Food more entertaining.

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Sing it, bru!
Jeter sucked on defense, but he’s a YANKEE, so Damn the stats and make him unanimous.

Although I’m quite surprised Pedro Alvarez isn’t on the list.

The sports media always reran that flip to home plate against the A's from the playoffs to show Jeter's defensive prowess. Yeah Jeter could make a nice throw, but he should have played a corner outfield spot for the majority of his career. 

IllinformedYearlyFawn-size_restricted.gi