Orioles - Yankees 9/13

Frobby

I don’t care what people say, I don’t like Scott, I want him gone. Sorry, too undependable. He comes in and goes out clean, sometimes, he comes in and comes out clean having allowed inherited runners to score, sometimes, he comes in walks everybody in sight but manages to come out clean, or any combination of the above.

(sigh)

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I don’t care what people say, I don’t like Scott, I want him gone. Sorry, too undependable. He comes in and goes out clean, sometimes, he comes in and comes out clean having allowed inherited runners to score, sometimes, he comes in walks everybody in sight but manages to come out clean, or any combination of the above.

(sigh)

I’ve never been a big fan, either.   But he has been better this year than in the past, today’s game notwithstanding.  

3 minutes ago, weams said:

How are you doing?

Well.  Go back to work tomorrow.  Had my post op last Tuesday.  Have another that is probably just a billing opportunity.  Still some faint traces of wrongness but very minor like a faint itching sensation.

Turns out I had three separate polyp growths all within my maxillary sinus and everything above it was just congestion that couldn't drain.

8 minutes ago, Philip said:

(sigh)

Must have been a couple rough weeks for you when he was pitching well.

7 minutes ago, Philip said:

(sigh)

He may not make it. That said keep running him out there. 

32 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ve never been a big fan, either.   But he has been better this year than in the past, today’s game notwithstanding.  

“Better” is part of the journey, and he has improved, and make no mistake. But he’s not good. I give him credit for improving, but improving, and better, well, eventually you’ve got to be “good” and Scott is too undependable.

I said this at the trade deadline but I’ll say it again - everyone in the bullpen  but Harvey at this point  should be expendable .  Also as I said before I am not sold on Scott . If he could get us a future piece I would not hesitate in dealing him . Scott could not establish the inside part of the plate in the Torres at bat . That is nothing else but commanding the baseball. When you can’t command the baseball against the Yankees you will fall behind . When you  fall behind against al East teams you will get hit . It’s really that simple . Doesn’t matter if you throw 94 or 85. See valdez’s outing yesterday .

Edited by ofan239
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ofan239 said:

I said this at the trade deadline but I’ll say it again - everyone in the bullpen  but Harvey at this point  should be expendable .  Also as I said before I am not sold on Scott . If he could get us a future piece I would not hesitate in dealing him . Scott could not establish the inside part of the plate in the Torres at bat . That is nothing else but commanding the baseball. When you can’t command the baseball against the Yankees you will fall behind . When you  fall behind against al East teams you will get hit . It’s really that simple . Doesn’t matter if you throw 94 or 85. See valdez’s outing yesterday .

I'll say it again, what makes Harvey untouchable?

The fact that he has only made 12 ML appearances . The fact that he has shown me he can command a fastball for the most part . People forget that he’s never played a full season in the majors yet . . Very small sample size .  Scott has been up with the team since 2018. And I will say he has improved this year and I wouldn’t just give him away.  But it’s almost at that point where you have to make tough evaluations .

Just now, ofan239 said:

The fact that he has only made 12 ML appearances . The fact that he has shown me he can command a fastball for the most part . People forget that he’s never played a full season in the majors yet . . Very small sample size .  Scott has been up with the team since 2018. And I will say he has improved this year and I wouldn’t just give him away.  But it’s almost at that point where you have to make tough evaluations .

Yep, 12 appearances for a guy that has been in the system since 2013.

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yep, 12 appearances for a guy that has been in the system since 2013.

And in the minor leagues he was a starter .  He went multiple innings . I want to see more of a sample size for one inning at the Ml level . He also strikes me as a personality suited for late inning relief . Sort of an even keel guy adept at handling failure - a lot like his dad was . That’s an important quality in a reliever , particularly a closer .