Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I don't know if I'm right.  I could be wrong.  But the odds of a .700-OPSing utility guy at 29 becoming an MVP candidate at 32 are exceptionally remote. 

It would be really cool if he was clean, because 1000-1 underdogs winning is always cool.  Melvin Mora was less likely than George Mason making the final four.  

Well that's depressing to think about. He did have quintuplets in the middle of that run...oh nevermind. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I don't know if I'm right.  I could be wrong.  But the odds of a .700-OPSing utility guy at 29 becoming an MVP candidate at 32 are exceptionally remote. 

It would be really cool if he was clean, because 1000-1 underdogs winning is always cool.  Melvin Mora was less likely than George Mason making the final four.  

Correct,  but miracles do happen, look at Dempsey and WS MVP, granted easier to be a 7 game MVP, then the entire season.  :)

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Sure, going 5-for-13 is the same has OPSing .981 over a full season.  Just like how Chris Waters was comparable to Dave McNally.

Dempsey has a career .936 OPS in the World Series.  That is in 42 plate appearances.  He also has a .885 post-season OPS in 73 plate appearances.  He is the real Mr October. 

48 minutes ago, atomic said:

We will never know.  But I like to think Dempsey comes up big in the most important games. 

He did.  He was awesome.  But it wouldn't have been that way if he'd been on a modern high revenue playoff team that gets you a year's worth of PAs in October over your career.  He would have been like Derek Jeter, whose postseason OPS was pretty much the same as his regular season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

He did.  He was awesome.  But it wouldn't have been that way if he'd been on a modern high revenue playoff team that gets you a year's worth of PAs in October over your career.  He would have been like Derek Jeter, whose postseason OPS was pretty much the same as his regular season.

Captain Clutch.