Who's the number ten prospect?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the number ten prospect?

• Brad Bergesen
    • Tyler Henson
    • David Hernandez
    • Kam Mickolio
    • Troy Patton

I went with Patton. The injury is a serious concern but with Spoone going 8, it doesn't seem fair to drop Patton lower than 11. I probably would have had him at 9.

It goes to show you the improvement of our system, though. Three or four years ago, all three of Patton, Hernandez, and Bergesen might have made the top 10.

The difference for me is that Spoone's stuff is legitimate front-end stuff. Patton is a mid-rotation guy.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problem I have with Hernandez is that he's not a sure thing - because he walks too many batters - like Mickolio (sp?).

Why does Tillman and Arrieta get an exempt card?? They have the same problem and they're ranked 3 and 4. You don't lead your league in strikeouts in consecutive years and not have good stuff!! His command issue can be work out and his improvement in his change up will be something he will work on during the off season.

Tillman is three years younger and at the same level. There is far more room for development/refinement with him. He was the youngest player to start the season at AA this year, and performed exceedingly well. Age is the biggest reason why he's #3, and why I'd put him at #2.

Arrieta is only one year younger, and a level below, but his BB/9 is almost half a batter better than Hernandez's. Tillman and Arrieta are also both guys who were rated highly before this season, and I don't believe Hernandez was on any top 100 lists coming in. So there may also be the perception that Hernandez needs to sustain this success more for him to be on a level with them. Arrieta also has three quality pitches he can locate for strikes consistently, as opposed to Hernandez's one and sometimes two.

Archived