Who are you hoping has a breakout MiL season?

Frobby

When I think of a breakout season, it would be hard for me to put one of our top 10 prospects in this. If I may, I’ll make Jordan Westburg the exception. So many people really bashed this guy when we drafted him. He is really going to blossom this year and he’ll move fairly quickly. He just missed a no doubt opposite field home run a few days ago late in the game. It would have been a three run bomb, just foul. 

Joey Ortiz is my true breakout dark horse pick. I think he will surprise many as well with a line drive gap to gap approach and excellent steady defense. 

The added muscle for Adam Hall is great news as well. So much to like about his game. 

Someone wrote Stowers down earlier in this thread and I have the same thoughts. I hope he starts out hot and takes off from there. Same with Handley and Daschbach, his Stanford teammates. We’ve been told some encouraging things about the latter two, but heard nothing about Stowers. 

I can go on and on with many more names. 

• Upvote 1

Hernaiz was being hyped a bit before the world stopped for a bit. Welk also had a nice sprint from that class. 

I love following the minor leaguers. Can't wait to care about the guys in the majors as much as I do the guys in the minors. That time is coming, right? Please tell me that time is coming. lol

I don't know about "breakout", but I really want to see Adam Hall (2B), Gunnar Henderson (SS/3B), and Jordan Westburg (SS/3B) have big years.  Would love to see those guys along with Ryan Mountcastle (1B) become the infielders for the next great Orioles team.  We already have lots of candidates for the outfield and Rutschman for catcher.  Establishing the infield is the next step.  Of course, pitching always.

I really want another pitcher to rise up and be a top prospect like Rodriguez, Hall and Baumann.   It sounds like Wells and Lowther just don't have the stuff to be that kind of a pitcher (but hopefully continue to produce good results in the minors) and some already said Rom, so I will go with Kyle Bradish.

Just found out tonight I get NESN on my cable network in NJ and got to watch the end of the game.  Wow, Loether was awesome.   Literally mowed them down - 8 batters, 9 outs (inherited a bases loaded/no out situation and got a double play).   

• 1 month later...