Jordan Williams commits

How about the guy who said that Mosely wouldn't qualify, Hayes would transfer to Old Dominion and Vazquez would go pro internationally?

Although he did say Maze wouldn't qualify and that the Terps would sign Tyree Evans, so 2 out of 5 ain't bad.

Hayes was going to transfer until he was promised the starting PG job once Maze was out of the picture. Trust me if somehow Vasquez is playing PG by the semester break Kendall Hayes will be orchestrating a transfer for his son. Vazquez very much considered going pro except he couldn't go to any combines because he had to have knee surgery. Evans did sign with Maryland to later be let go because of his multiple arrest record.

Again believe what you want. If you believe a team who lost their two top rebounders and 2 of their top 3 scorers and replaced them with no one that was an NIT a year ago is deep and talented that is fine. Look it will all play out in a few months. If Stoner is correct and they are an NCAA team I will be the first to give him his props. I just don't see it.

Hayes was going to transfer until he was promised the starting PG job once Maze was out of the picture. Trust me if somehow Vasquez is playing PG by the semester break Kendall Hayes will be orchestrating a transfer for his son. Vazquez very much considered going pro except he couldn't go to any combines because he had to have knee surgery. Evans did sign with Maryland to later be let go because of his multiple arrest record.

Again believe what you want. If you believe a team who lost their two top rebounders and 2 of their top 3 scorers and replaced them with no one that was an NIT a year ago is deep and talented that is fine. Look it will all play out in a few months. If Stoner is correct and they are an NCAA team I will be the first to give him his props. I just don't see it.

Hayes showed he can't play the 2, so it would make sense for him to transfer if Vasquez plays the point. That's not exactly brain surgery, but what's it got to do with this thread? And this thread was never about this coming season. It was about the 09/10 season.

It would have been a big mistake for Vasquez to go pro even if his knee was 100%. No GM with a brain would have picked him in the 1st round. He's got a ton to improve on if he's ever going to make it to the NBA. His lack of quicks and speed, decision-making, ball-handling, and error-proneness would have cancelled him out as a PG candidate, and his lack of anything resembling a consistent jump shot and athletic explosiveness would have cancelled him out as a 2 candidate.

I tend to agree with you I'm not very high on MD's team this year. I think that we had a damn good front court last year and that covered up some big deficiencies, mainly, Hayes/Vazquez. I know it's unpopular but I don't see this team going very far with either of them at the point. Hayes has a good jump shot when he's wide open, but he's a poor defender, can't drive or finish in traffic, and is an average passer at best for a point guard. Vazquez's jump shot is garbage and while he is crafty and long he can be shut down by superior athletes, the kind of athletes you face in March. I want my point guard to have at least a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio and Vazquez has proven incapable of that (1.71 in 2006 and 1.55 last season).

Now I like Dupree a lot and think that if he's in the type of shape being reported will be an offensive upgrade over Boom Boom. I doubt he'll rebound or block as well though. Burney should be a solid defender but won't offer much offensively except put backs after fighting hard on the boards. Bottom line is our front court is thin with Gilchrist and Walker gone and Gist and Osby graduating.

Landon Milbourne has a lot of ability but he doesn't seem to play the game with any passion. We need him to step up his aggression to do anything this year.

It's weird how Stoner can be unreasonably negative with the Orioles then unreasonably positive with the Terps. I hope he's right but there are a lot of ifs and not a lot of proven production on this squad.

It's weird how Stoner can be unreasonably negative with the Orioles then unreasonably positive with the Terps. I hope he's right but there are a lot of ifs and not a lot of proven production on this squad.

Again, where in this thread was he talking about having a big year this year? He was talking positively about 2009/2010.

Again, where in this thread was he talking about having a big year this year? He was talking positively about 2009/2010.

Nowhere you're right, that was a general attack based on all of the MD posts I've read from stoner over the past year or so. I think he often overestimates our team and the recruits which I found weird because he doesn't wear orange tinted glasses when it comes to the O's.

Nowhere you're right, that was a general attack based on all of the MD posts I've read from stoner over the past year or so. I think he often overestimates our team and the recruits which I found weird because he doesn't wear orange tinted glasses when it comes to the O's.

Yeah, but Stoner definitely wears red tinted glasses, as do a lot of Terp's fans. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I always take the approach of waiting until I see the team actually play some basketball before I determine how good or bad I think we'll ultimately be. Yes, on paper it doesn't look too good for the year and I'd be lying if I said I was optimistic but still we were very young last year and I saw some potential that if tapped can make us a better team than most everyone believes we will be.

Archived