Jordan Williams commits

Awesome news. There was talk recently that he was going to visit some high profile shools and delay his decision until the spring, which obviously would've hurt Maryland. This is suprising but great news. That said, when it comes to Terps and recruits I've learned to temper my excitemnent until they actually step on the court in a Maryland jersey.

Awesome news. There was talk recently that he was going to visit some high profile shools and delay his decision until the spring, which obviously would've hurt Maryland. This is suprising but great news. That said, when it comes to Terps and recruits I've learned to temper my excitemnent until they actually step on the court in a Maryland jersey.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm trying as hard as I can to reserve my excitement, but it's really hard. I want this team to be good sooooo badly.

Sounds like a nice get. Would be great to get back into the top-25 or so prospects in the country, but if we can't get 5-star guys, I'll take 4-star guys who are climbing up the charts.

This is the thing to keep in mind and really to keep things in perspective. While getting Padgett and Williams are great and certainly an improvement over our recent years you must keep in mind that they aren't cream of the crop players. Williams is barely top 100 and Padgett is only top 150. Recruiting wise Gary has set the bar so low recently that it makes what he has been able to do recently look really good but the truth of the matter is we still aren't getting the type of recruits a lot of other mid tier ACC schools are getting.

Still, it's getting better and I give credit to Gary and Chuck for getting out there and locking some good young talent up early in the recruiting season. Also, good to know that we are currently sitting pretty with some Top 60 '10 recruits as well.

Top 70-100 player... really blew up this summer... should see his ranking go even higher this winter... combined with Padgett, and who is returning... it is a huge signing for MD.

If MD can get Vasquez to return for his senior season, there is no limit to what MD can acheive in 2009-10...

2009-10

1 Hayes (Senior) , Bowie (Jr)

2 Vasquez (Senior), Mosley (Soph)

3 Milbourne (Senior), Tucker (Jr), Kim (Soph)

4 Burney (Jr), Padgett (Frosh), Gregory (Jr)

5 Dupree (Jr), Williams (Frosh), Goins (Soph)

That is a deep and talented team everywhere.......

That's the key I think - combined with Padgett - because their skills seem to complement each other. Williams is the bigger, more skilled offensive player, while Padgett is the athletic player who does the dirty work. And if Williams really grew from 6'8 to 6'10, I'd expect he's going to rise in the recruiting ratings. If he gets up to 6'11...

No, the Terps haven't gotten an All-American, but I suspect they're getting players that Gary can work with and probably win with. Plus, they pretty much already have 2 quality guards for the year after - to replace Vasquez and Hayes.

That's the key I think - combined with Padgett - because their skills seem to complement each other. Williams is the bigger, more skilled offensive player, while Padgett is the athletic player who does the dirty work. And if Williams really grew from 6'8 to 6'10, I'd expect he's going to rise in the recruiting ratings. If he gets up to 6'11...

No, the Terps haven't gotten an All-American, but I suspect they're getting players that Gary can work with and probably win with. Plus, they pretty much already have 2 quality guards for the year after - to replace Vasquez and Hayes.

Now if they can only get Roscoe Smith to replace Milbourne, they'd be sitting pretty.

On a side note, does cstoner97 or anyone else know the story with Jin Soo Kim? It still saiys awaiting approval from the NCAA on MD's webpage. Will he be suiting up this year (or ever)?

Even though he would only be the 3rd SF this year, and probably only play 5-7 mts a game… I'd love to see him qualify this year…… having his shooting ability available off the bench against zone defenses would be a big advantage.

Would it really though? By the time he probably gets cleared, if he does at all, he'll have missed some significant practice time and some significant time in the weight room. For a guy that really need to put on some wight and mature a little bit, I wouldn't mind to see him take a year to bulk up. He doesn't seem to be be the kind of player that is going to leave early, so there doesn't seem to be a point is wasting one year of his eligibility on a team that has no real shot to win anything.

You can't just post something like that without backing it up with something.

Bring something more to the table or spare us the cryptic message.

I wouldn't call his message cryptic... empty, unsubstantiated, inflammatory, but not cryptic

;)

Interesting info considering his cousin has stated publically, that even if Kim is not cleared by the Clearinghouse for 2008-9… that he will be a Terp for 2009-10…

Also, considering he is on campus now, taking classes, making friends... only further cements his bond to MD..

Believe what you want. You also or under the delusion that the current roster is "deep and talented."

I wonder who I should believe.

The guy willing to do real analysis on the team.

The guy jumping in to make unsubstantiated accusations without backup.

Tough call :rolleyestf:

How about the guy who said that Mosely wouldn't qualify, Hayes would transfer to Old Dominion and Vazquez would go pro internationally?

Although he did say Maze wouldn't qualify and that the Terps would sign Tyree Evans, so 2 out of 5 ain't bad.

Archived