Orioles getting excess vaccines

accinfo

Sorry, this is a bad take. My parents got their first shots around March 1. High risk populations and essential workers that want it can get it in Maryland. After that, from a pure public health standpoint everyone should wait their turn, but these guys bring jobs and entertainment. I have zero problem with ballplayers being moved up so we can have baseball and normalcy. 

1 hour ago, now said:

Those injury figures include your brands too. For example, from trials: "For Moderna 81.9% experienced any systemic reaction. Grade 3 reactions (considered severe) were experienced by 17.4%. This is 79X more likely than the incidence of severe Covid in the Moderna group." (source) That's from just one risk-benefit analysis. I'm not intending to hash it all out here... just wondering why the O's and MLB aren't showing more caution toward their valuable human assets, regarding this experimental gene therapy with such minimal possible benefit to the players.

I'm going to get right on this article right after I read your source's articles about the 200 reasons why the Earth is flat and exactly what is going to happen once the Kraken is released.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

I'm going to get right on this article right after I read your source's articles about the 200 reasons why the Earth is flat and exactly what is going to happen once the Kraken is released.

It appears @now has been drinking too much of this Kraken.

The Kraken Black Spiced Rum - 1 L - Bremers Wine and Liquor

8 hours ago, now said:

Those injury figures include your brands too. For example, from trials: "For Moderna 81.9% experienced any systemic reaction. Grade 3 reactions (considered severe) were experienced by 17.4%. This is 79X more likely than the incidence of severe Covid in the Moderna group." (source) That's from just one risk-benefit analysis. I'm not intending to hash it all out here... just wondering why the O's and MLB aren't showing more caution toward their valuable human assets, regarding this experimental gene therapy with such minimal possible benefit to the players.

I haven't seen obvious trolling this obvious since Atomic. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, now said:

Update: 5k deaths reported in US, EU, & UK as of March 20. Yes, I "believe" this scientific report from Europe: check it out or feel free to do your own research. :)

I know we are not supposed to go down this road but this looks likes misinformation.    Quickly checking myself, these deaths are anyone who passed after getting the vaccine as a matter of record.  Not deaths because of the vaccine.   

CDC explanation:  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, murph said:

I know we are not supposed to go down this road but this looks likes misinformation.    Quickly checking myself, these deaths are anyone who passed after getting the vaccine as a matter of record.  Not deaths because of the vaccine.   

CDC explanation:  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

I’ve debated to myself whether to engage in this topic or not. I stayed out of the Covid thread for months and didn’t even bother to look at it. I have very strong opinions on the topic to the point of where it has impacted my own mental and physical health. I may post some stuff later if I get around to it on the Covid thread. I would hope people would at least listen to what I post and at least be willing to engage in a conversation.  

As far as this goes you cannot ignore adverse reactions to the vaccine. This isn’t made up. As you point out more research needs to be done.  That does not mean that it should be ignored. It’s not trolling or misinformation when you provide sourced info. To say that is wrong. 

When a 95 year old with multiple major health issues dies in a nursing home with Covid it’s listed as a Covid death if a positive case is found. Here you are arguing basically against that with vaccines. That is more than fair on your part but you can’t ignore the obvious double standard. We count Covid deaths that way but you don’t like it with vaccines. Clearly deaths after a vaccine may have many causes of death.  

I have zero plans to get the vaccine. I’ve done with research and I know what my risk is. I talked last April I believe about the age stratified risk with this virus. Comparing people of different ages and risk factors is deliberately conflating data. I have zero issues with anyone getting the vaccine but it should be a personal choice.  I AM NoT an Anti-Vaxxer. As the parent of an autistic child neither my wife nor myself blames our sons autism on vaccines and it angers us both when people make that accusation. 

We need to start living in a world where people engage in real genuine conversation. Where context is provided and people aren’t canceled for having a different opinion. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

For sure.  I thought the idea for a a "young healthy person" getting the vaccine wasn't so much to protect themself but to protect everyone else.

Which implies the vaccine doesn’t work unless someone else has it. That’s not how vaccines work. 

12 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

We need to start living in a world where people engage in real genuine conversation. Where context is provided and people aren’t canceled for having a different opinion. 

No one is under any obligation to engage with people who share obviously fake articles. A 4th grader could look at the URL that "now" posted and tell it's fake. Not hard to see why Phishing is a billion dollar enterprise when so many people have no clue how to use the internet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, LTO's said:

No one is under any obligation to engage with people who share obviously fake articles. A 4th grader could look at the URL that "now" posted and tell it's fake. Not hard to see why Phishing is a billion dollar enterprise when so many people have no clue how to use the internet. 

Are the VAERS reports all fake? 

• Upvote 1