Matt Harvey 2021

Il BuonO

1 hour ago, LA2 said:

Even if he has one more good start next week, would he really become a trade chip? Would we really get enough to make the reclamation project worth it? Let it pay off next year.

I can't see him having any deadline worth. Nothing Elias is going to bite on anyways... Mice well just let him play out the year here.

edit: He's seems like a good clubhouse guy, and a genuinely good guy. Let the young guys pick his brain.

45 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Yeah, I’d rather hold on to him at this point instead of trading him for guys who won’t amount to much.

I don't see the point in that.  He is only with the O's for another two months.  The O's will not be contending this year.   If they can get something for him, trust the scouting department and get a young player while saving 150K.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I don't see the point in that.  He is only with the O's for another two months.  The O's will not be contending this year.   If they can get something for him, trust the scouting department and get a young player while saving 150K.

I agree with this. I'd be happy with 1 or 2 17 year old Dominican lottery tickets. 

44 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

I agree with this. I'd be happy with 1 or 2 17 year old Dominican lottery tickets. 

I don't even think you'd get that for him.  I mean, maybe you would but I think teams realize that those Dominican lottery tickets have the potential to be more valuable than some 26 year old quad-A organizational filler type. 

Anyway, he looked pretty good yesterday, still didn't strike out enough batters for me to think that he's turning a corner of some sort.  But maybe his ERA will be more aligned with his FIP (which isn't that bad) as the season goes on.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't even think you'd get that for him.  I mean, maybe you would but I think teams realize that those Dominican lottery tickets have the potential to be more valuable than some 26 year old quad-A organizational filler type. 

That could very well be correct but with every team worried about filling innings, I think he has some value to someone. Lots of teams desperate for pitching now. 

Even the great Andrew Friedman traded Yordan Alvarez for Josh Fields. If we could get the equivalent of Jean Pinto, I'd think of that as a win even understanding Pinto or his equivalent may never master AA.

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

I agree with this.  I wouldn't trade him just to save his salary but maybe they can get a bullpen prospect.  All it takes is one (or better, two) contending teams that think he's turned the corner and can be a decent back-end starter down the stretch.

Maybe....I question what the return would be for such a small  savings.

Wade LeBlanc was brought back.  It's possible Harvey may be as well.

8 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Maybe....I question what the return would be for such a small  savings.

We would not even get what we got for Cashner, who has disappeared despite having compiled a good record with us before being traded.

The haul we got for Bundy was probably a good one, but Harvey will get maybe 1/4 of that--1/3 at most.