Tuesday, May 11: John Means and O's visit Citi Field for the first of two games

SteveA

42 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The HoF and MLB are separate entities.

While I don't care for what MLB is doing it has no bearing on the hall.

The Hall has a policy to honor MLB bans.   Anyone who is banned by MLB, like Rose, is ineligible for the Hall.

So if MLB removed Rose from the banned list, he could be admitted to the hall.

I would say it does have a bearing.

Just now, SteveA said:

The Hall has a policy to honor MLB bans.   Anyone who is banned by MLB, like Rose, is ineligible for the Hall.

So if MLB removed Rose from the banned list, he could be admitted to the hall.

I would say it does have a bearing.

MLB working with an online gambling site has no bearing on the Hall.

I'm honestly amazed that such an unlikable fellow with no redeeming qualities I am aware of (as a human being) who bet on his own team still gets support.

I'd rather pull current inductees out before I put Rose in.

Means looks more and more like the real deal.   A true ace.   Anyone think the Orioles are two years away from competing and possibly is their an arguement to make of trading Means for more prospects?  Obviously a sell very high type situation.

So I guess I must have been picking up my prescription in the grocery store and missed it when McNeil "blew a tire", as Scott Garceau phrases it.

So what exactly happened?   He got a hit and tried to stretch it to a double and fell down or something?

Just now, Gurgi said:

Means looks more and more like the real deal.   A true ace.   Anyone think the Orioles are two years away from competing and possibly is their an arguement to make of trading Means for more prospects?  Obviously a sell very high type situation.

I think that if you are not willing to sign him to an extension you trade him.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

So I guess I must have been picking up my prescription in the grocery store and missed it when McNeil "blew a tire", as Scott Garceau phrases it.

So what exactly happened?   He got a hit and tried to stretch it to a double and fell down or something?

He was running and half way to second he looked uncomfortable and pulled up and let us tag him easy.   Something went wrong for sure.