Prospects from Mike Elias Trades

UMDTerrapins

5 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Elite is success, time and results. We’ve been a good team since Adley came up, but we’re not elite yet, and we won’t be until we have sustained success to include playoff success. 

The Astros may not be elite anymore( though that remains to be seen)but they went to, I think, six consecutive ALCS. That’s elite.

I guess so, though it kind of feels like you're cherry-picking criteria, no?

Don't we have the best record in baseball during the past two seasons? Seems strange to call that just 'Good' but maybe we have different definitions. 

4 minutes ago, Flash- bd said:

I guess so, though it kind of feels like you're cherry-picking criteria, no?

Don't we have the best record in baseball during the past two seasons? Seems strange to call that just 'Good' but maybe we have different definitions. 

No, we didn’t. In ‘22 we were 83- 79, and 23 we were 101-61. In neither year did we win a playoff game. At the moment the Os are among the best record in baseball, although trending down. But elite is success and time. 
no, I’m not cherry-picking. Let’s see how things look in November.

5 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

No, we didn’t. In ‘22 we were 83- 79, and 23 we were 101-61. In neither year did we win a playoff game. At the moment the Os are among the best record in baseball, although trending down. But elite is success and time. 
no, I’m not cherry-picking. Let’s see how things look in November.

I meant last two seasons as in the last season and this almost 2/3 of a season. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure over that span we have one of two or three best if not the best record in baseball. If you go back to 22 and include it probably still easily top 5...

Edited by Flash- bd

37 minutes ago, Flash- bd said:

I meant last two seasons as in the last season and this almost 2/3 of a season. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure over that span we have one of two or three best if not the best record in baseball. If you go back to 22 and include it probably still easily top 5...

For me the time to start counting is when Adley arrived around May 2022. Since then we’ve had a consistently good team, but we’re not elite and we don’t have prolonged success and you can define the last year and a half anyway you wish, but an elite team is a team that has success over time including playoff success, which we have not had.

I’ve said this more than once. You may disagree if you wish and that is fine, but there’s no point to me repeating myself Again 

Edited by HowAboutThat