When should the O’s call up Rutschman?

Frobby

When should the O’s call up Rutschman?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. When should the O’s call up Rutschman?

• Now - he’s as ready as he needs to be and will benefit from the experience
    • Later this summer if he continues to do well in AA
    • He should get promoted to AAA soon and get called up later if he does well there
    • September call-up, only if he keeps doing well
    • Opening Day 2022
    • Not until service time deadline for free agency passes in 2022
    • Not until Super-2 status is likely passed in 2022

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/12/21 at 01:11

Just now, andrewochs615 said:

Can't wait until we suck next year too  and people will still say no need to bring him up while we suck. 

Get him to AAA and then call him up in July/August. 

Right..what if the Os start next year 0-10.  Adley isn’t going to be on the OD roster if he stays in the minors all year this year.

What will people say if they get off to a bad start before Adley comes up?  Will it be, just wait until 2023?  Like, where is the line drawn at this bs?

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Right..what if the Os start next year 0-10.  Adley isn’t going to be on the OD roster if he stays in the minors all year this year.

What will people say if they get off to a bad start before Adley comes up?  Will it be, just wait until 2023?  Like, where is the line drawn at this bs?

They will say "Trust the process"  "Elias has a plan and he's sticking to it"

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I expect the next CBA is going to put a serious crimp in this nonsense.  So assuming we have a season next year, Adley will be up and odds are decent all this manipulation won't be to any advantage.

Again, I agree.  That line is pretty much the '21 season to me.  I think he will come up late this year because of exactly what you post above.  I dont think we are trying to dominate AA baseball for the next decade.

Take the year you earned this year and have him ready to go in '22...with others coming asap.

The good news I think is that we will be more competitive in '22.  The bad news is the AL East will be loaded.

I will say this.  I remain open to Elias and his task and taken an approach to not really judge.  But if '22 arrives and we are asking when is AR coming something in my opinion is not going well.

2 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Again, I agree.  That line is pretty much the '21 season to me.  I think he will come up late this year because of exactly what you post above.  I dont think we are trying to dominate AA baseball for the next decade.

Take the year you earned this year and have him ready to go in '22...with others coming asap.

The good news I think is that we will be more competitive in '22.  The bad news is the AL East will be loaded.

I will say this.  I remain open to Elias and his task and taken an approach to not really judge.  But if '22 arrives and we are asking when is AR coming something in my opinion is not going well.

You don't think Elias stays here for another nine years?

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Ha! more likely Adley makes the opening day roster and the O's win 5 games all April but Adley has a OPS >.900 and people start asking when do we trade him. 

Related question - should the struggles of the catchers on the current O's roster impact the decision and timelines on AR?  Considering the crap we are putting out there now, even if AR is not ready it's 'hard to argue he wouldn't significantly improve the major league team immediately.

Just now, connja said:

Related question - should the struggles of the catchers on the current O's roster impact the decision and timelines on AR?  Considering the crap we are putting out there now, even if AR is not ready it's 'hard to argue he wouldn't significantly improve the major league team immediately.

Are you of the mindset that pitcher development is impacted by poor defensive catching?  If you do that is an argument to make a change.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, connja said:

Side note same podcast Roch said Cumberland is not ready defensively. Tim Cossins talked about Adley and other topics as well. 

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I expect the next CBA is going to put a serious crimp in this nonsense.  So assuming we have a season next year, Adley will be up and odds are decent all this manipulation won't be to any advantage.

Yea but I’m thinking the new rules won’t apply to players already in the organization.  I think it will be a going forward type thing.  

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea but I’m thinking the new rules won’t apply to players already in the organization.  I think it will be a going forward type thing.  

I don't think it will be.  You have 16 year olds that are "already in the organization".

I think folks already on the 40 might be exempted.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think it will be.  You have 16 year olds that are "already in the organization".

I think folks already on the 40 might be exempted.

And if that is true and the FO thinks this could be the case, that means the Os should get a lot of their guys onto the 40 man, which is yet another reason not to hold guys back.

And if that is true and the FO thinks this could be the case, that means the Os should get a lot of their guys onto the 40 man, which is yet another reason not to hold guys back.

Being a pessimist at heart I expect the O's to misread the situation.