Wednesday June 16 in Cleveland: and the beat goes on

SteveA

I hate Melanie Newman, so I always listen to whichever broadcast she is not on, and I’ve been listening to the TV guys, and Palmer is my friend. He saying exactly what everybody thinks and he’s not mincing any words. Stewart is stupid(“ how can you miss the cut off man?”)!Severino is incompetent( “He had 180 or 200 feet to prepare for that throw and he still let it get by him.”)

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

He did have a shot but let it go.  He faked the catch but could have easily caught it.  I wonder if someone behind him gave the "let it go!" call.

Sure. It’s up to Severino to call cut.  Who knows at this point. I think Palmer needs to mention that. The throw wound up way off but he was there. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I got no problems finding stuff to listen to.  I just don't bother to download it.

I do.... because I find some old obscure version of something. then later I go back to find it and it's GONE. Can't be found on youBOOB.

And I have 4 TERABYTES!!!!! :disco: of HD space now! So I download EVERYTHING I listen to! Every. Single. Thing.

It looked like DJ’s throw was intentionally not cut off by Franco.  It wasn’t a great angle on the TV, but if intentional why would he let that ball go through?  Just poor communication?  There does not appear to be anyone taking charge in the infield.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I might still have my copy of The Hobbit on cassette.  It was a box set...an actual pine box held them.

The Hobbit was such a great book. I need to go to a 2nd hand store and see what I can find, but I rarely leave the house because of anxiety, so that's why I always order online and pay the high prices, unfortunately...

Just now, jdwilde1 said:

It looked like DJ’s throw was intentionally not cut off by Franco.  It wasn’t a great angle on the TV, but if intentional why would he let that ball go through?  Just poor communication?  There does not appear to be anyone taking charge in the infield.

Catcher has to yell cut. He is the one with the proper angle. With this team who knows. Maybe Franco didn’t hear him. At this point nothing would surprise me.