Dilon Tate Is Bringing The Heat!

Il BuonO

I’m sure it was mentioned in the GT, but wow! he looked real good today touching 100 mph. Sat mostly 96-98, but hit 99 mph a few times and the stuff was electric. By far the best I’ve seen from him. Also, had a wipeout slider and a CH with good depth, sink and armside run. 

The velocity is probably another example of a guy who sees the increase in bursts due to shorter (than as a starter) outings. But overall, his stuff looked great. If he can command the FB at 94-95 mph it would be interesting of the secondaries continue to develop.

His arsenal of three solid pitches makes me wonder if they’d consider giving him another shot at starting. Seemed like velocity and command were both issues when they first tried it. 

I’ve always liked his stuff, maybe he’s maturing....

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

CoC just has an irrational distaste towards Dillon Tate.  I figured he'd be the perfect wet blanket for the opening post and he delivered.  

But whatever, he's a grump and he's wrong.  He obviously got his stats from bb-ref which is a great page that I visit practically daily but their stats don't update until the morning.  Had he been interested in painting an honest picture, he'd have grabbed the stats from ESPN.com's (*gasp*) page which has everything up to the minute.

So it's really 7.7k/9, 2.91 bb/9 1.19 WHIP.

CoC is just gonna have to wait until bb-ref updates in the morning to get his ERA+, FIP xFIP updated stats, but that's okay (they'll be better than what he just posted after today's outing).

Actually I pulled the stuff from Fangraphs so you are, once again, incorrect.

You just like him because of his draft status.  A guy goes 1-4 you give him a pass for life.  ?

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Actually I pulled the stuff from Fangraphs so you are, once again, incorrect.

You just like him because of his draft status.  A guy goes 1-4 you give him a pass for life.  ?

Well, you would pull stuff from Fangraphs because you're bougie.

I can't help it if draft status is what gives guys chance after chance and doesn't let lower picks get the same opportunities.  This fact seems to baffle you.  I'd actually forgotten Tate went that high.

35 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

That’s great, but the thread is mainly a comment on the increase in velocity. Any comment on that or his stuff aside from the numbers you presented?

That’s easy it will be something, something, small sample size. 

I’m now intrigued by Tate and if he can keep pitching like he did today. 

9 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

That’s easy it will be something, something, small sample size. 

I’m now intrigued by Tate and if he can keep pitching like he did today. 

No. Dan took him because he had that shiny “first round draft pick” glow. But he had already been traded twice. I hope he turns into a useful guy, but yesterday was 2 innings.

48 minutes ago, Philip said:

No. Dan took him because he had that shiny “first round draft pick” glow. But he had already been traded twice. I hope he turns into a useful guy, but yesterday was 2 innings.

No, DD took him because he was the best player he could get in a trade for a rental reliever who had been hurt and wasn't performing great at the time.