Eshelman

HowAboutThat

Does Eshelman have a future? I cannot imagine that he does, because he’s been pretty consistently bad. But he might.

I was looking over the minor-league roster, and there’s several guys I don’t know, but I really don’t understand why we don’t bring some of these guys up and give them a try. I didn’t know who Spencer Watkins was, oh but he did well enough to get a second start, and he got a win to boot.

I would be overjoyed to send Harvey and Eshelman on their weary way and bring up two new guys.

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Does Eshelman have a future? I cannot imagine that he does, because he’s been pretty consistently bad. But he might.

I was looking over the minor-league roster, and there’s several guys I don’t know, but I really don’t understand why we don’t bring some of these guys up and give them a try. I didn’t know who Spencer Watkins was, oh but he did well enough to get a second start, and he got a win to boot.

I would be overjoyed to send Harvey and Eshelman on their weary way and bring up two new guys.

Eshelman is not a MLB player but he’s certainly fringe and has been able to hang around. 

Is this thread about Eshelman or the majority of your post.

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Eshelman is not a MLB player but he’s certainly fringe and has been able to hang around. 

Is this thread about Eshelman or the majority of your post.

I’m asking about whether Eshelman is a part of the future, suggesting he probably isn’t, and wondering why he-and Harvey-haven’t been replaced with other guys who may or may not be future pieces.

I have thought about this topic a very long time already this season and I keep thinking these non major league pitchers must be that they have something on Hyde or Hyde is deliberately trying to lose, which is against the Spirit of, if not the Rules of baseball.   As I posted already this season,  Play the Future,  not the Past,  which is so pitiful, bury it and leave it buried.  

1 hour ago, Oriole1940 said:

I have thought about this topic a very long time already this season and I keep thinking these non major league pitchers must be that they have something on Hyde or Hyde is deliberately trying to lose, which is against the Spirit of, if not the Rules of baseball.   As I posted already this season,  Play the Future,  not the Past,  which is so pitiful, bury it and leave it buried.  

Hyde does not get to select who is on the roster. Elias has the blame.

3 hours ago, Philip said:

I’m asking about whether Eshelman is a part of the future, suggesting he probably isn’t, and wondering why he-and Harvey-haven’t been replaced with other guys who may or may not be future pieces.

No he’s not! He’s just filler like most of the current roster 

Although I appreciate the eagerness and thoroughness with which Elias wishes to avoid any semblance of quality on the current team, it is wiser to give the putrid hours to those guys who might NOT be putrid next year. Let them be putrid at the big club now.
At least the pitchfork and torches demographic can be screaming about how bad the prospects are instead of screaming that they aren’t getting a chance at all.

Look there are a hundred threads that say the same thing about various crappy players we are playing.  And Philip is only responsible for 30 or 40 if them!

It is obvious at this point that Elias has a slow timetable for all the real prospects.   We can discuss it until we are blue on the face, we can wonder if it is really due to starting the service time clock or money or whatever, and I don't know the answer, but it is obvious it exists.

Guys we want to see aren't going to come up until they come up, whether we like or agree or not.

Guys they think have a chance to be something, like Kremer, will be sent down to work on things in hopes of improvement.  

Guys with little future, placeholders, will just keep getting tossed out there.  Or we will bring up other guys with little future, minor league free agents, waiver claims:. Gutierrez, Wade, Jannis, Watkins, etc.  Best you can hope for is you get a situation where someone like Watkins fools people for a while, or turns out to be the 1 in 100 such player who actually amounts to something.

But it is clear that otherwise they dont care how guys without a future are doing at the ML level.  The nonperformance of an Eshelman will not affect the timetable for Kevin Smith or Kyle Brandish ONE BIT.

Haven't you figured this out yet?  Seeing yet another thread where people bemoan the fact that someone sucks and this we should bring someone else up is just shouting at the wind.  Major league performance will have NOTHING to do with anyone significant coming up.  Realize it.  Embrace the suck.  Pay attention to the guys that matter, enjoy Mullins' season, Hays' recent hot streak.  Follow the minors.

But yet another thread bemoaning the fact that someone sucks and should be replaced, what is the point?  Haven't you figured out yet that improving the major league product is not on Elias's agenda?  Why keep beating your head against the wall?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1