One publication has 18 of its top 100 still available. We pick 5th.

And then there 46 more that ranked in their pre draft top 200.  Almost all of these guys are high schoolers and I assume they have strong college commitments.

You have to have a subscription to view the content.

I don't know how much Tony-Oh is comfortable with posting outside content.

I like the way Pittsburgh ran their draft.  After taking Davis they immediately chose 3 prime overslot high schoolers.  Then they filled in with college seniors among the rest of day 2.

Orioles took underslots throughout day 2.  And now they would appear to go overslot on day 3.  

The baseball community loves Pittsburgh's draft.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, waynebug said:

And then there 46 more that ranked in their pre draft top 200.  Almost all of these guys are high schoolers and I assume they have strong college commitments.

I like the way Pittsburgh ran their draft.  After taking Davis they immediately chose 3 prime overslot high schoolers.  Then they filled in with college seniors among the rest of day 2.

Orioles took underslots throughout day 2.  And now they would appear to go overslot on day 3.  

The 

1 hour ago, waynebug said:

The question now is can they sign them. One of them(Chandler) committed to Clemson as a quarterback, and White committed to Penn State as a wide receiver. It probably depends on how far over slot the Pirates are willing to go. And the fans around here have complained for years that the Pirates are too cheap to spend money on players.

However, the Pirates did offer Josh Bell enough to make him change his mind about going to college. And that was after he had sent all the major league teams a letter telling them not to draft him because he was definitely going to play ball at the University of Texas.

What are the rules on going "overslot" from here on? As I understood it, the slot values apply to picks 1-10.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2021-mlb-draft-bonus-slots

Each choice in the first 10 rounds comes with an assigned value, with the total for a club's selections equaling what it can spend in those rounds without incurring a penalty. If a player taken in the top 10 rounds doesn't sign, his pick's value gets subtracted from his team's pool.

22 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

I think anything over 100K counts against the cap

Right. You can do it but I haven’t seen any indication they’re going to do it. The only justification is that you really liked your picks in Rounds 1-10 and didn’t want to lose anyone. 

Let’s hope because this has been a poor draft within the context of you are tanking seasons to gain draft pool money and a high pick.  When you are doing that AND you go underslot with the first pick (well maybe you did), you have to walk away with high ceiling talent.  It doesn’t appear the Os did that.  Now, maybe the scouting reports are wrong and the Os know stuff no one else does.  It’s possible but, again within the context of what the organization is doing philosophically right now, this draft doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

• Like 1

What happened to Luke Leto, a high school SS out of Michigan?  His name was mentioned as a top of the first round pick in 2021 mocks last year but he appears to have fallen out of top prospect lists.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2020/06/17/michigans-luke-leto-ranked-no-7-prospect-2021-mlb-draft/3206026001/

https://www.mlive.com/highschoolsports/2021/07/mr-baseball-luke-leto-awaits-mlb-draft-fate-during-stint-with-kalamazoo-growlers.html

He's yet to be drafted and is an LSU commit.  I'll be curious to see if anyone takes him today.

5 minutes ago, Hazmat said:

What happened to Luke Leto, a high school SS out of Michigan?  His name was mentioned as a top of the first round pick in 2021 mocks last year but he appears to have fallen out of top prospect lists.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2020/06/17/michigans-luke-leto-ranked-no-7-prospect-2021-mlb-draft/3206026001/

https://www.mlive.com/highschoolsports/2021/07/mr-baseball-luke-leto-awaits-mlb-draft-fate-during-stint-with-kalamazoo-growlers.html

He's yet to be drafted and is an LSU commit.  I'll be curious to see if anyone takes him today.

Luke Leto – Leto was one of the top players in the country a few years ago, but he seems to have lost some athleticism with age, and now figures to be a corner infielder or outfielder. He has plus power potential in his left-handed bat, and a strong arm. He could be taken in the first five rounds, but he may be better off heading to LSU now.

https://motorcitybengals.com/2021/02/26/detroit-tigers-2021-mlb-draft-high-school/