Tuesday July 20: Os vs Rays on YouTube

Frobby

I think what gets me about a lot of women announcer's voices is the feeling that they are emulating stereotyped men's jock voices. When they sometimes let a softer intonation come through it's actually a nice change. Nothing wrong with creating a wider variety of approaches to describing a game.

Just now, LA2 said:

I think what gets me about a lot of women announcer's voices is the feeling that they are emulating stereotyped men's jock voices. When they sometimes let a softer intonation come through it's actually a nice change. Nothing wrong with creating a wider variety of approaches to describing a game.

Honestly I am having no trouble with the voices.   Overall I think Newman is doing a much better job here than she usually does on the radio.   I’m finding all three announcers to be knowledgeable.  I just think they should slow down the pace of conversation a bit.  

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Honestly I am having no trouble with the voices.   Overall I think Newman is doing a much better job here than she usually does on the radio.   I’m finding all three announcers to be knowledgeable.  I just think they should slow down the pace of conversation a bit.  

Rizzo's sentences are interminable. They wouldn't have to slow down if they used less words.

Seems to be the producer's style: for example, cramming all these flashbacks and honors and stat boards in.