Rule 5 list

glenn__davis

35 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I stopped betting a long time ago.   I have an opinion.  You have an opinion.  Lets see how it turns out.

Elias trades guys that I don't think are tradable.  It seems to be what he does.  Mostly because he will accept what appears to be little in return.

What did he do at the deadline? He traded Galvis coming off an injury for Tyler Burch  and Armstrong for cash.  He will trade for something or what appears to be almost nothing.

All of the players you have mentioned have had some level of value to a ML roster.  That’s the key point you are missing.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

All of the players you have mentioned have had some level of value to a ML roster.  That’s the key point you are missing.

I didn't miss it.  I just think Elias will try to get something for players that are on the 40 man roster that he is going to take off.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

I didn't miss it.  I just think Elias will try to get something for players that are on the 40 man roster that he is going to take off.

Will you admit that he's taken a lot of guys off the 40 man roster during the season, exposed them to waivers and got nothing for them or they weren't wanted by anyone and were outrighted to Norfolk?

26 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Will you admit that he's taken a lot of guys off the 40 man roster during the season, exposed them to waivers and got nothing for them or they weren't wanted by anyone and were outrighted to Norfolk?

Yep.

After the season is different from during the season.   Players contract expire and they go FA.  Some are non tendered.  Some retire.   This opens roster spots that teams with poor  farm systems and teams that are trying to keep costs down will look for cheaper players they can trade for.   Players that can be optioned is a plus to some teams.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Well I’m sure he will try.  He probably tries a lot of things.

Also, none of those guys NEED to be taken off the 40 man roster.