Hangouters have stopped being fans

Winning_Season

Get off your God D@$# high horse for once in your life

You might want to step back and calm down.

A lot of us have seem a lot more Oriole losses than you've had the opportunity to see Orioles games in your entire life. When you've witnessed 3000 or so Oriole losses in your life maybe you'll be a little less forgiving of the team.

Blowing it up might just be losing the battle to win the war. They blew it up before 1989 and had one of the most fun seasons of the last 30 years. On the other hand, rooting for the ol' home team to win every night knowing that it's likely to be just one of 75 wins for the 10th straight year is my own little version of hell.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of us have seem a lot more Oriole losses than you've had the opportunity to see Orioles games in your entire life. When you've witnessed 3000 or so Oriole losses in your life maybe you'll be a little less forgiving of the team.

Blowing it up might just be losing the battle to win the war. They blew it up before 1989 and had one of the most fun seasons of the last 30 years. On the other hand, rooting for the ol' home team to win every night knowing that it's likely to be just one of 75 wins for the 10th straight year is my own little version of hell.

Again, we shouldn't need a 5 or 6 game losing streak to blow it up. It's already obvious that this team has major holes in its ability and clubhouse problems that interfere with getting the most out of the players it has. An intelligent, reasoning FO should know that. That's what I root for, an FO that thinks. If they make some knee-jerk changes because of a losing streak or don't make changes because of a winning streak, neither one of those things is moving in a positive direction long term. I sincerely hope that the team's record between now and the deadline has no impact whatsoever on what trades are made. If a lot of trades are made but for the wrong reasons, they probably won't be very good trades.

It was an easy move to make in 89, because the Red Wings had just won the IL in 88, Hoiles, Worthington, Milacki, Gomez, Harnisch, Finley and Anderson were all ready to contribute as young players.....and that wasn't even counting Ben McDonald, who we got because we were terrible in 88.

There is no such option now. I do agree that we need an overhaul, but now all we have at AAA is a bunch of 280-290 hitters who are in their late 20's and so-so defensively. It will take a strong will to commit to great changes.

Not much chaps my ass, but when someone calls me out for not being a fan...well, that kinda does.

We're all fans here. It's like Democrats and Republicans...both want whats best for the country, they both just have a different way of looking at things.

So as far as sweeping comments and lumping me in a group and taking a large shot at all of us...bite me.

Those who don't want change are the poor fans.

And those, like yourself, who call for the trading of Erik Bedard (one of the top 2 lefties in the entire game! for cripesake), and for a losing streak, are poor fans.

I can see it now. We trade Bedard and then next season SG opens up a thread with the title "WE NEED AN ACE!"

And those, like yourself, who call for the trading of Erik Bedard (one of the top 2 lefties in the entire game! for cripesake), and for a losing streak, are poor fans.

I can see it now. We trade Bedard and then next season SG opens up a thread with the title "WE NEED AN ACE!"

♫Why can't we be friends♫

So much drama

(talkin)

So tired

Tired of all this drama

You go your way

I go my way (no more no more no more)

I wanna be free

(singin)

Broken heart again

Another lesson learned

You better know your friends

Or else you will get burned

Gotta count on me

Cuz i can garuntee that i'll be fine

No more

No more pain (no more pain)

No more pain (no more pain)

No drama, no more in my life (no more drama in my life no ones gonna make me hurt again)

Why'd i play the fool

Go through ups n downs

Knowing all the time

You wouldnt be around

Or maybe i liked the stress

Cuz i was young n restless

But that was long ago

I dont wanna cry no more

No more pain (no more pain x2 )

No more game (no more games messin with my mind)

No drama (no more drama in my life no ones gonna make me hurt again, no more~)

No more tears (no more tears i'm tired of cryin every nite)

No more fears (no more fears i really dont wanna cry)

No drama (no more drama in my life i dont ever wanna hurt again)

Wanna speak ma mind wanna speak ma mind

Uhhhh it feels so good

When you let go

Of all the drama in your life

Now you're free from all the pain

Free from all the games

Free from all the stress

So find your happiness

I dont know

Only god knows where the story ends for me

But i know where the story begins

Its up to us to choose

Whether we win or lose

And i choose to win

Ohhhh...

No more pain (no more~, tired)

No more game (no more games i'm tired, i'm so tired)

No drama (no more x7)

Background Singers : (No More Drama) x4

MJB:NO More

I'm tired of all this drama

go 'head go 'head

u demons getting out of my face

Go get out of my life

I'm about to lose my mind

NO.....

Help me help me sing

Choir : (NO MORE DRAMA) x6

MJB: No More Drama

No more, no more, uhh. Yeah~

No more, no more drama

Ohh help me sing

I need a (peace of mind x3)

Yeah i need

Hide but nicely i need to know that u r free

oh nox2

no morex2

no more dramax2

in my in my... life

It was an easy move to make in 89, because the Red Wings had just won the IL in 88, Hoiles, Worthington, Milacki, Gomez, Harnisch, Finley and Anderson were all ready to contribute as young players.....and that wasn't even counting Ben McDonald, who we got because we were terrible in 88.

There is no such option now. I do agree that we need an overhaul, but now all we have at AAA is a bunch of 280-290 hitters who are in their late 20's and so-so defensively. It will take a strong will to commit to great changes.

That's a bit of a strech. Hoiles and Gomez combined for nine major league plate appearances in '89, and McDonald pitched 7.1 innings in junk time at the end of the year. Finely and Anderson were counted on, but their contributions were almost 100% defense - they combined for about a .625 OPS.

The '89 Orioles won in large part because they gave jobs to any number of guys exactly like Jon Knott or JR House or Rob Bell or Corey Doyne. Players essentially discarded by other organizations. Randy Milligan was a 28-year-old minor league vet. Phil Bradley had been acquired for a bag of balls. The A's had given up on Mickey Tettleton. They carried any number of defense-only players like Bill Ripken, Rene Gonzalez, Joe Orsulak. Kevin Hickey had been pitching in some industrial fast-pitch softball league. Jay Tibbs, Mickey Weston, Dave Johnson... hell, half the staff was found on the side of the road. They platooned and substituted and rotated players with wild abandon - 17 players got at least 100 PAs. My God, that was fun.

I don't care who's a real prospect in Norfolk, because today we can't get Jon Knott two weeks worth of at bats.

You have said this in 2 different threads and funny enough, it actually got dumber this time.

I am impressed you could pull that off.

I'm against hoping against hope. I'm for hoping for hope. Real fans want a team with hope.

If the team had performed the way it is performing now, without Miggy, Melmo, and Loewen, for the entire saeson, I'd have a lot of hope. My hope is that they continue to play this well when they come back and that someday soon they get somebody who regularly hits 35-40 HR's.

If the team had performed the way it is performing now, without Miggy, Melmo, and Loewen, for the entire saeson, I'd have a lot of hope. My hope is that they continue to play this well when they come back and that someday soon they get somebody who regularly hits 35-40 HR's.
And then maybe, we can win 85 games!!! WOOHOOO!!

Archived