Hangouters have stopped being fans

Winning_Season

Seriously I had been thinking about writing this for a while but SG's recent thread of "A losing streak is needed" put me over the edge.

People here seem to have stopped being fans of the Orioles. C'mon rooting for your own team to lose, not even tanking a la the Celtics with someone like Greg Oden availible in the draft. Just rooting for the team to lose so the FO will "Blow Up" the team.

I know the Orioles aren't any good and they have a lot of problems, but I still enjoy watching them and Rooting for them. Hoping against hope for a incredible win streak to put us back in contention, thats to me what being a fan is about.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously I had been thinking about writing this for a while but SG's recent thread of "A losing streak is needed" put me over the edge.

People here seem to have stopped being fans of the Orioles. C'mon rooting for your own team to lose, not even tanking a la the Celtics with someone like Greg Oden availible in the draft. Just rooting for the team to lose so the FO will "Blow Up" the team.

I know the Orioles aren't any good and they have a lot of problems, but I still enjoy watching them and Rooting for them. Hoping against hope for a incredible win streak to put us back in contention, thats to me what being a fan is about.

Did this really warrant it's own thread? You cite specific threads and posters. If you disagree, get in there and talk about it.

Also...I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish or what conversation you thought this would invoke.

Did this really warrant it's own thread? You cite specific threads and posters. If you disagree, get in there and talk about it.

Also...I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish or what conversation you thought this would invoke.

As someone who constantly rails about redundant Tex threads, I do think W_S's point could have warranted a new thread. It was commenting on the very existence of SG's thread, which, if it merely existed there, could be seen as trolling or arguing. In a new thread, it is its own discussion. JMO.

As someone who constantly rails about redundant Tex threads, I do think W_S's point could have warranted a new thread. It was commenting on the very existence of SG's thread, which, if it merely existed there, could be seen as trolling or arguing. In a new thread, it is its own discussion. JMO.

I'm just not interested in seeing it become a "No, wait! I'M a real O's fan!" thread ala the "So-and-So Appreciation Thread" that seems to generate when the occassional insider gets questioned and then threatens to take his crayons and go home.

"Hangouters have stopped being fans" is a broad and unfair generalization. That's inciteful and borders on trolling IMO.

By the way...did you hear the Rangers are shopping Texiera? I'm gettting ready to start a new thread about it. Stand by...

:D

I think I know what he's trying to accomplish, and if he said it straight out, he'd probably be in trouble.

I think we all have to admit, it's a pretty "sophisticated" argument to say that your team needs to lose, and it's not something your typical fan is going to be too crazy about.

I think that hard times call for deperate measures. I don't agree with wanting them to lose, because they could make the same moves without losing and it assumes the front office is made up of morons. However, SG thinks that this club takes any sign of hope and uses it as an excuse to make patchwork moves every offseason. I can't argue with that.

He (SG) means well, if the means aren't justified by some.

Archived