POLL: Who Do You Want As Your Closer in 2009?

Old#5fan

Who Should the Orioles 2009 Closer Be?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should the Orioles 2009 Closer Be?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whoever looks the best overall in spring training. Closer is the least of our worries right now.

I agree, but it is an important position on any team. I am looking more to try to find out the consensus opinion on the OH as to a preference for Sherrill or Ray.

I agree, but it is an important position on any team. I am looking more to try to find out the consensus opinion on the OH as to a preference for Sherrill or Ray.

It's important for a team, but way more important on a contender, and to be honest with you, when a team becomes a contender their closer tends to shake itself out by proxy.

I definitely don't want Sherrill because I hope he will have been dealt by opening day. I love Sherrill, but he's more valuable to us as a trade piece.

If you read the poll it is based on assuming that both Sherrill and Ray are on the Orioles roster opening day.

I definitely don't want Sherrill because I hope he has been dealt. I love Sherrill, but he's more valuable to us as a trade piece.

Before the trading deadline, I didn't want to trade Sherrill because I thought it wouldn't be fun without the hat flip at the end of the game. Then in the second half, Sherrill hardly got any saves!

It's important for a team, but way more important on a contender, and to be honest with you, when a team becomes a contender their closer tends to shake itself out by proxy.

Can you please just vote on the poll question, and not try to debate the importance of a closer which is definitely not the point of this thread?

So far the results to me are very surprising. I really am rather astonished that anyone would prefer Ray over Sherrill.:confused::scratchchinhmm:

You're overly concerned about poll results I've noticed. Especially since we vocally disagree with you a lot...why would poll results be any different from what we've said (excuse me, typed) out loud? Or do you think there's this vocal minority that doesn't speak up but votes on polls?

Can you please just vote on the poll question, and not try to debate the importance of a closer which is definitely not the point of this thread?

I can't. There's no option for my answer. That's why I gave it in my first post.

By the way, that just solidifies my feeling that you are way too caught up in poll results.

Archived