• Marcos Diplan
  • Conner Greene
  • Pedro Severino

Bowie:

• Gray Fenter
  • Steven Klimek

Delmarva:

• Ty Blach

I'd like to have Ellis, Diplan, and Fenter back for sure. Hope they can get something done. If they were willing to give starts to minor league free agent Tom Eshelman, they really have no excuse for not re-signing a guy like Ellis. We're going to need a few Ellises. 

On 11/16/2021 at 5:20 AM, ChosenOne21 said:

Why would we trade for Ty Blach if he was a minor-league free agent at the end of the year? Couldn't we get anyone we could actually keep?

In 2020, Blach got hurt and required Tommy John surgery, then was released. He was re-signed to a MiLB deal for 2021 so he could rehab and get some game innings in Low A, usually just going 2-3 innings. Due to his MLB experience, his MiLB deal was only 1 year. The Orioles did him a favor with the signing and they could re-sign him on a MiLB deal with a Spring Training invite (if he is fully healed) or just a MiLB deal and assign him to a higher level to continue to rehab and get his pitches back before using him as depth.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Very weak.  OTOH, there's still a possibility that Jackson Merrill won't win in the NL.  Who didn't want Cowser to have had that rookie season?
    • Who’d a thunk it? There’s a chance? Almost like it’s a long season. Now if only that Mayo guy would do something.
    • Jeez, it really was a welcome game tonight.  I had a good buzz going...   Now I have to factor in your chronic angst.  Thanks man.
    • If we enter the Yankees series down by three games, we have a mathematical chance. However, we are going to have to intentionally walk Judge and Soto every single AB. The athletics did us no favors tonight.  Still four games out..
    • I know. I'm a hand wringer and a whiner when it comes to this team. I sometimes annoy myself with all this baseball nonsense. But really deep down,I'm still the 8 year old who lived and died with every Oriole game. Still. Im that kid. So when this team was really horrible like for most of the second half, it almost made me nauseous just to watch them lose in all kinds of ways. Then all those injuries in a wave. I really felt they weren't going to make the postseason at all. But baseball is a crazy game, and a light switch can be turned on in an instant. Maybe that Santander walk off HR on Thursday threw a switch. Because Friday night, this was a different team. They still strike out a lot, and Burnes was brilliant, but I feel maybe something is moving. Seeing Coluombe come in and strike two batters out, and Webb, not as good, but good enough with a big lead...and to see Cowser and McCann blast two, and Tony again with a HR...It got my juices flowing. Look, maybe they wont play well this weekend, maybe they will. And then the dreaded Yankees might break our hearts next week.But why think that way now.?Urias is coming, then Westburg, then maybe Mounty, and even possibly Grayson at the end . If we can somehow put the pieces together and get our mojo back, and have the players contribute, we maybe, just maybe, might have a little ray of hope.I still think this roster is talented when all our pieces are together, and as good as anyone when we are playing well. So, I'm not asking for a miracle. I'm just asking for a chance to see this team with most of the pieces together again, and compete.Maybe it's even a long shot, but I am still that 8 year old living and dying for a chance to see my boys make me proud. And these are my boys.
    • Velocity was 1.5-2mph down across the board. Movement was good, especially the sweeper. The fastballs worry me at that velocity though... not sure he should be immediately high leverage in the way he used to be.
    • Nicely done. Lol. Yes I remember that with Minnesota. 
  • Popular Contributors