Atlanta front runner for Teixeira...

NuOriolesNation

Other Trade Rumors, but nothing about the O's... Doesn't look like they really are pushing too hard for Tex, probably anticipate him coming here in FA, but I wouldn't bet on that happening...

For MLB.com:

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070725&content_id=2108280&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Or perhaps no one cares enough about the O's to mention them...

I just cant see Atlanta trading Saltalamacchia, Reyes, AND Andrus. That's pushing it, even for Teixiera.

Schuerholz wants to win and thinks the picks for Tex will be worth it if they can't re-sign him. They have Escobar to take over at SS so Andrus is redundant.

Tex to Atlanta makes too much sense for Schuerholz not to pull the trigger. This year might very well be their last hurrah for a while.

Andrus is overrated and Shuerholz is smart enough not to include Salty. If Tex is moved, I put the odds to Atlanta at around 50%.

Good. Keep him out of the American League East!

I don't think the Braves have the money to re-sign Tex so I'm not sure who they would put at 1B in 2009 if Tex walks. If he does go to the Braves or either of the LA teams, I don't see him signing there. It's going to be one heck of a battle in FA with the Mets, Sox and Yankees for his services...

I don't think the Braves have the money to re-sign Tex so I'm not sure who they would put at 1B in 2009 if Tex walks. If he does go to the Braves or either of the LA teams, I don't see him signing there. It's going to be one heck of a battle in FA with the Mets, Sox and Yankees for his services...

Well the Braves will be getting 2 draft picks for him if he leaves. Atlanta must feel that it is there time to compete before they fall apart.

They have the money if they choose to go after him as a FA. Although I don't think they will. The Braves are a wisely run club. Rarely do you see them go big into FA. But if they wanted to they have a lot of salary coming off the books with Andruw Jones. Who knows about Smoltzie. He's still pitching extrodinarily well be he's 40 now. They are talking about moving Edgar Renteria. There is a lot of salary flexibility and they have some young high quality talent working it's way through their system.

Yeah, I think the Braves will have a whole lot of options by the time 2009 comes around. Fret not for them. But I do wonder what they're going to do about CF next year. Jones' asking (or shall I say - receiving) price will probably be a lot lower than people thought at the beginning of the year. They could be one of the teams the O's will be bidding against to get Rowand.

They have the money if they choose to go after him as a FA. Although I don't think they will. The Braves are a wisely run club. Rarely do you see them go big into FA. But if they wanted to they have a lot of salary coming off the books with Andruw Jones. Who knows about Smoltzie. He's still pitching extrodinarily well be he's 40 now. They are talking about moving Edgar Renteria. There is a lot of salary flexibility and they have some young high quality talent working it's way through their system.

The biggest difference between the Braves and O's is we lock up guys like Payton, Huff, Gibbons, Baez, etc. and they don't. They give chances to guys like Johnson, Thorman, Langerhans, Diaz, Harris, LaRoche, Villareal, Paronto, etc. That's why they have so much flexibility. They aren't committed to mediocre players. They take a few star players (Jones, Jones, Hudson, Smoltz, Wickman), add some stud prospects (Francouer, McCann, James, Escobar, Saltalamacchia), and fill in the rest with cheap platoonable talent (Harris, Diaz, Johnson, etc) and cheap FAs (Wilson, Redman, etc). If one of the cheap guys doesn't work out, who cares, toss him out and get someone else. Every once in a while swindle an idiot GM out of a Rafael Soriano or take on a salary dump like Edgar Renteria and you're in business.

Just saw on ESPN Jayson Stark reporting the Rangers and Braves working on a muti-player deal that does include Tex. His wife's family is from the Atlanta area. If the O's want him now they better get a move on. This is not "another" Tex post, just reporting what I saw. The curtain may be finally dropping on this chapter.

Just saw on ESPN Jayson Stark reporting the Rangers and Braves working on a muti-player deal that does include Tex. His wife's family is from the Atlanta area. If the O's want him now they better get a move on. This is not "another" Tex post, just reporting what I saw. The curtain may be finally dropping on this chapter.

They've been working on that multi-player deal for a week. No news there. The Braves won't spend 20 million a season to keep Tex either...

Archived