Atlanta front runner for Teixeira...

NuOriolesNation

Methinks the Braves are selling high on Salty. There must be something they don't like about him. Without a good pitcher this deal doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Texas unless they are going to spin players elsewhere for pitching. Andrus is blocked by Young.

Methinks the Braves are selling high on Salty. There must be something they don't like about him. Without a good pitcher this deal doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Texas...

Atlanta is smart enough to know that Salty is worth more in a trade than he is as a first baseman.

They also can afford to trade Andrus since they have Escobar, who they view as their SS of the future now.

The Braves make the most sense but i am not convinced they will pull the trigger.

I'm really concerned if Tex isn't traded soon, Steinbrenner will swoop in and grab him! That will be an unmitigated disaster for the AL East!

Steinbrenner vs Angelos head on, wonder where the Vegas money would go here?:002_scool:

Methinks the Braves are selling high on Salty. There must be something they don't like about him. Without a good pitcher this deal doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Texas unless they are going to spin players elsewhere for pitching. Andrus is blocked by Young.

I think you're giving the Braves too much credit. Saltalmacchia is a very good young hitter who can catch and play first base.

If they deal him, they'll regret it.

They'll probably be regretting the Wickman for Max Ramirez deal as well.

How bout spinning Andrus and Salty to Bmore for DCab?

Just saw on ESPN Jayson Stark reporting the Rangers and Braves working on a muti-player deal that does include Tex. His wife's family is from the Atlanta area. If the O's want him now they better get a move on. This is not "another" Tex post, just reporting what I saw. The curtain may be finally dropping on this chapter.

His wife's family is still going to be from Atlanta if the Orioles trade for him. If he's not going to sign an extension before free agency no need to deal for him, period.

Methinks the Braves are selling high on Salty. There must be something they don't like about him.

Salty is a tremendous prospect.

The Braves have another very good catcher and have a strong trading chip in Salty and can cash him in for a very good 1B - something the Braves don't have.

It's an easy move for the Braves and a very, very good move for the Rangers. I'm not sure why there would be speculation that the Braves have decided to move an overrated prospect or why someone would post something so negative about Salty.

Actually, it works perfectly for Texas. Andrus won't be ready for about 3 years, and by that time, Young will likely be pretty much useless as a SS. And as was said about Salty - they got McCann. That's the only reason to trade Salty.

Andruw Jones has 100 strike outs already in 101 games. That god awful. Let's trade Andruw, Salty, and Wickman, for Gagne and Texeira and a SP prospect. I think Texas would actually do that. Unfortunately Andruw has a no trade clause. That would be such a good trade for both teams and it actually reduces the Braves payroll slightly. Then we could have an OF of Diaz, Harris, and Francour. If we don't get Texeira (no idea why we want him) and we get rid of Andruw, five of the starting 8 are batting .313 or above; and McCAnn is an all-star catcher; Francoer is batting .294 with 66 RBI and a cannon in RF, and Salty is a switch hitting rookie batting .284 who can play 1B or C. Our line-up next season:

Harris (CF)

Renteria (SS)

Chipper (3B)

Francoeur (RF)

McCann ©

Diaz (LF)

Salty (1B)

Escobar (2B)

Perfectly balanced line up alternating L/R!

Then you have Johnson and Thorman from the left side off the bench and Woodward and Orr from the right side. Add 1 top starting pitcher and a right handed bat off the bench with the 15 million you cut in payroll with Andruw leaving; and if Hampton comes back healthy coupled with Smoltz, Hudson, and James = Braves WS Champs 2008! Now if only the Braves front office would fire Scherholz and hire me! I'm tired of losing in the first round of the playoffs.

Ralph

Archived