What’s your 2022 OPS Projection for Jorge Mateo?

Frobby

What’s your 2022 OPS projection for Jorge Mateo?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your 2022 OPS projection for Jorge Mateo?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/28/22 at 22:18

Jorge Mateo did fairly well in his limited stint with the Orioles, posting a .748 OPS in 116 PA.    Before that, he had a .545 OPS with the Padres in 121 PA in 2020-21, for an overall career OPS of .644 in 237 PA.    As a minor leaguer, his career OPS is .747, including .737 in AAA ( PCL).   So, he’s a bit of a wild card.   What do you see for him in 2021?

Sub 720…floor is very low though.

Really unsure how high the ceiling is but I think what you see on the field is far more than what you will get.  His talent screams that he should be really good but I tend to doubt he will be much more than a guy who is valuable while he is cheap, in a utility type role.

Mateo's variability might be the highest on the team; I split the baby and went with 690-719.  That's a median prediction, but I believe it will certainly be wrong, as I feel he will either outperform or underperform such a prediction.

This is his last best chance to establish a ML career.  He's got the talent and I enjoyed watching him last year.

• 7 months later...
21 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Almost 15% had Mateo (.646) in the .630-.659 range, but 83% guessed higher.   

If you go with the Marcels approach you'll be right a lot more than wrong: what have you done in the past (i.e. last 3-4 years), how old are you? He was 27, going into last year he had a .645 OPS. He ended up with a .646. His minor league numbers pointed towards a mid-.600s.

My projection for next year?  .645.

Edited by DrungoHazewood
  • Like 1