Orioles vs Red Sox, Mar 24th on MASN

Tony-OH

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Anyone else worried that the "starters" are only going two innings?

Other teams seem to be pushing their starters deeper into games.  I sure hope the bullpen isn't gassed in May.

2 innings?  That seems like they are in mid-season form already.

2 minutes ago, justD said:

They talked to Roch a bit, who is guessing the Os will bring extra pitchers to take advantage of that 28-man roster to start the season. 

Perhaps with that in mind, they’re using more of the normal slow progression approach. 

It seems that every season the O's starters aren't prepared to go as deep as the opposition and the bullpen ends up having to cover.  Even in the good years under Buck.

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

Gunnar Henderson in at SS. Vavra in as well, definitely seem to be looking at him as a super utility type 

Last time I saw Gunnar at Ed Smith, it was 2020 and he came over in street clothes to watch the game with a few of his buddies. 

7 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Just saw the video replay of the Mountcastle HR.  He showed some strength on that hit.  Brought his hands way in to get inside the ball and muscled it over, not just the fence, but the high screen/shade behind the fence.  That was a shot.

Yep, was impresive.

9 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Just saw the video replay of the Mountcastle HR.  He showed some strength on that hit.  Brought his hands way in to get inside the ball and muscled it over, not just the fence, but the high screen/shade behind the fence.  That was a shot.

He was showing Chris Sale who was boss last September; Nick Pivetta this spring is a difficulty level like sending Colton Cowser back to Delmarva.

11 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Urias and McKenna both with HRs, too. 

I didn't want to get too excited about Urias last year.  I figured he was a stop-gap type player to play in the transition between a horrible team and a good team.  Now, I'm not so sure.  Dude just keeps on hitting.  He's starting to grow on me.  I'm starting to think he starts and sticks with this team.

I'm still not sold on McKenna.  To me he is still a 5th outfielder/pinch runner type of a guy that struggles to hit ML pitching.