Tony-OH

Gunnar v. Diekman

1 - correct decision not to swing at ball

2 - incorrect decision to let strike go by

3 - correct decision not to swing at ball

4 - incorrect decision to let strike go by

5 - correct decision not to swing at ball

6 - long foul waay right

7 - rung up by ump on borderline pitch, possibly one of those "correct 3rd strike to take" because umps in spring training too.

Just now, Just Regular said:

Gunnar v. Diekman

1 - correct decision not to swing at ball

2 - incorrect decision to let strike go by

3 - correct decision not to swing at ball

4 - incorrect decision to let strike go by

5 - correct decision not to swing at ball

6 - long foul waay right

7 - rung up by ump on close pitch, possibly one of those "correct 3rd strike to take" because umps in spring training too.

Those “incorrect decisions” not to swing were pretty good decisions. They were good pitches that were unlikely to result in a hit. 

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

Those “incorrect decisions” not to swing were pretty good decisions. They were good pitches that were unlikely to result in a hit. 

Obviously typing fast on the fly watching live.

Pitch 2 seemed to me a get-me-over breaking ball.   Pitch 4 seemed a fastball that was 80% away, but not exactly burning the corner.    

Just glad the inning lasted long enough for him to see a serious MLB lefty.   I thought he did good.

Didn't see a ton of Gunnar last year, but from some Milb stuff it does seem as if he takes a lot of pitches. I think this is part of the Orioles current hitting philosophy, that you swing at your pitch, rather then just any strike. 

Is anyone here tonight fluent in those MLB at-bat screen grabs showing pitch locations 1-7 of Gunnar v. Diekman?

This Nick Yorke is almost as media-hyped in some prospect echo chambers as Anthony Volpe based off a good low minors year.   Gunnar doesn't have their hype, but hoping he can show he's right there with them.