Means to 60-day, O's option Wells not Lakins, purchase Diplan from Norfolk

Tony-OH

9 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Sir: curious your thoughts on Owings. You made a comment about him being a Sig guy. I would love to hear more of your thoughts on him. Some is discussed in Owings thread.

That was not me about Sig. 

I think Urias is showing he can play 2B/SS/3B though he should play everyday at one of those positions.  That make Owings less valuable to the team for a guy that does not hit well.

I expect the O's to add a guy to the infield from AAA that is hitting well sometime in May.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

That was not me about Sig. 

I think Urias is showing he can play 2B/SS/3B though he should play everyday at one of those positions.  That make Owings less valuable to the team for a guy that does not hit well.

I expect the O's to add a guy to the infield from AAA that is hitting well sometime in May.

My bad. I was trying to ask Tony. 

Agreed, if Nevin can keep hitting and not embarrass himself at 3b…

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

My bad. I was trying to ask Tony. 

Agreed, if Nevin can keep hitting and not embarrass himself at 3b…

I can see Nevin getting a call up by May or June if he keeps hitting and his defense is at an acceptable level.

I'm pulling for Gutierrez, but if his bat doesn't heat up over the next month it's time to consider giving another player a chance at 3B. 

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I can see Nevin getting a call up by May or June if he keeps hitting and his defense is at an acceptable level.

I'm pulling for Gutierrez, but if his bat doesn't heat up over the next month it's time to consider giving another player a chance at 3B. 

Well, annoyingly they are barely playing Gutierrez because he's the odd man out when Odor plays, which is a lot because most pitchers are right-handed. I really feel like Guti is gonna hit this year but we have two roster clogs with Owings and Odor. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Sir: curious your thoughts on Owings. You made a comment about him being a Sig guy. I would love to hear more of your thoughts on him. Some is discussed in Owings thread.

I don't recall calling him a Sig guy though I do think Sig's computer model does indeed affect the players Elias targets. As for Owings, he's a AAAA guy from what I've seen so far and although he can play all of the infield positions, he doesn't look very good at any of them in his limited play. 

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

We can only hope.  

Barring injury, I think we can all agree that there are two guys that we should 100% see up this year:

1.  Adley 

2.  G-Rod

Who are the rest that you guys feel have to get up here this year?  Bradish.  I'm assuming Stowers at some point.  I'd like to say DL Hall but I'm betting there's a strict innings limit on him.

I'd like to see, as you said, "actual prospects" come up but I can see Adley, G-Rod, Bradish and Stowers being the only "actual prospects" that come up this year.  I mean, if Elias is dicking around with Lakins and Diplan and signing Matt Harvey to a MiL deal, it kind of gives some insight as to where his head is at right now.  Granted, that could change later this summer but I get the feeling that we're just going to have to suck it up and realize that Elias is going to promote guys at a slow, annoying, deliberate pace.  

What about Gunner Henderson instead of Odor for the infield?  

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't recall calling him a Sig guy though I do think Sig's computer model do indeed affect the players Elias targets. As for Owings, he's a AAAA guy from what I've seen so far and although he can play all of the infield positions, he doesn't look very good at any of them in his limited play. 

Thanks Tony. Prob misremembering. He looks grossly overmatched. Seems like a head scratching move, curious what I am missing given the lack of signings in the offseason. 

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'd argue that Cortes needed a change of scenery, too.  Sometimes that has to happen as well, which is an obvious statement coming from an Orioles fan who's thinking about Gausman and Arrieta.

In regards to the Bad News Orioles that you listed, yep, I am "over" those "prospects."  

That doesn't mean that they can't be tried out in the bullpen, that's fine.  Akin has looked good there so far.  But by and large, yes, I'm over them.  I can't even keep Bauman and Zimmermann straight because they've not given me a reason to do so.  

Change of scenery?  He was in the Yankee org his entire career except for one spring training in Sarasota and one week in Baltimore.

33 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Great post. I love Gutierrez too. Happy to see the clutch hit yesterday. He was hitting well in ST but hasn’t played consistently since, puzzling. I would like to see him get more consistent playing time.

1 minute ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Great post. I love Gutierrez too. Happy to see the clutch hit yesterday. He was hitting well in ST but hasn’t played consistently since, puzzling. I would like to see him get more consistent playing time.

30 minutes ago, interloper said:

Well, annoyingly they are barely playing Gutierrez because he's the odd man out when Odor plays, which is a lot because most pitchers are right-handed. I really feel like Guti is gonna hit this year but we have two roster clogs with Owings and Odor. 

I don't like it either because we know what Odor brings to the table even though he did come through with a big hit yesterday.

I'd rather see Gutierrez play everyday and let him sink or swim at 3B. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think Gunnar is a bit too far off.  

13 games at AA, .696 OPS there (.763 in 8 games this year).   I’d say if he plays well enough to earn a jump to AAA sometime this year, that’s a win.  So far he’s shown a good OBP in AA, but hasn’t tapped into his power there.   

• Upvote 1