ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BigBird's info jives with what my MLB friend has told me. His take, and again, his team IS NOT INVOLVED with Teixeira, was that it was down to the Orioles and Red Sox. He felt the O's were serious contenders but that, ultimately, the Sox would swoop at the 23rd hour with the best offer.

So, at this point, the question may be, will Boras give them the opportunity to do so or has Teixeira directed him to take the Orioles deal if they meet their demands and not go back to the Sox?

What my buddy is certain of is that the Sox will not walk away....they are prepared to do what it takes. They just might not get the chance.

If they don't then the Orioles front office is to be congratulated for a masterful handling of the negotiations.

Obviously Matsuzaka was in a different league in Japan in terms of popularity and success, so when considering the O's interest in Kawamaki and Uehara, do you guys think Hideki Kuroda's instant success is the reason for this? He had solid numbers (and playoff numbers) for the Dodgers last season and is very comparable to these two in age and domestic success in Japan. Also, does anyone know if these two are friends/former teamates/rivals that would prefer to play or not play with each other in MLB? Do they have any ties with the Japanese catcher (Aikawa)?

BigBird's info jives with what my MLB friend has told me. His take, and again, his team IS NOT INVOLVED with Teixeira, was that it was down to the Orioles and Red Sox. He felt the O's were serious contenders but that, ultimately, the Sox would swoop at the 23rd hour with the best offer.

So, at this point, the question may be, will Boras give them the opportunity to do so or has Teixeira directed him to take the Orioles deal if they meet their demands and not go back to the Sox?

What my buddy is certain of is that the Sox will not walk away....they are prepared to do what it takes. They just might not get the chance.

If they don't then the Orioles front office is to be congratulated for a masterful handling of the negotiations.

If anyone has any soul, they won't. It's about time for someone to take $200 million for a team they WANT to play for, instead of $201 for a team that makes the highest offer.

I just don't believe someone from outside of an organization could know this, with all due respect to you.

Archived