ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

Thats how its suppose to work, but with Boras a lot of the times its the other way around. We shall see, hope I am wrong and I hope the Orioles step up for the first time in 11 years and get something productive done.

Give up the dream!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm talking about the principle. If you think it's good for the game, then good for you.

It will continue to get more and more out of hand with these little creative clauses and things that Boras will work into his players contracts. All the leverage is with the talent.

What principle are we referring to? Has there ever been a time where the leverage has not been with the talent? It's not a zero sum game...

FWIW, I just received a TEXt from my guy. He says the deal is nearly complete, and they are just hammering out the semantics as we speak. Read into that as little or as much as you like.
Sorry I haven't bee active today. I pm'd Belkast and Peace about 11am this morning after I rec'd a text that Tex was suppose to be in the Warehouse today. All hell then broke loose on the board. After I got out of arbitration I contacted him back and was tiold to the best of his knowledge he was not there today. Lots of speculation about the contract being done with the exception of a opt out, no trade, and the amt of the signing bonus (upfront money). He felt Boston was still very much a player here so don't assume it's a done deal.

Baseball7117's info seemed to match up well with big bird's... not as thorough, but it was basically the same.

I'm not sure if his source has been checked out by the mod's yet, but I'm wondering if we have a new insider here on the Hangout? :clap3:

Uhhh...CC has an opt out clause. They would give in to one if Boras asked for it.

I think this is totally different circumstances. CC wanted to play on the west coast - this is far away from home in a big market.

NY is close enough to Baltimore that it shouldn't be as big of a deal.

I hate to say it, but I think if there's an opt-out it will probably be after three years. The logic is that 3 years is enough time to prove whether the Orioles are on track to being winners or not, and also for Teixeira to be young enough to get another huge longterm deal if he goes.

A 5 year opt-out, which Sports Guy said would be great because it might get us out of his declining years -- is for that exact reason very unlikely what Boras is asking for here.

What principle are we referring to? Has there ever been a time where the leverage has not been with the talent? It's not a zero sum game...

Do you watch the NFL? This opt-out crap is just insane, and it's only going to make the game get worse.

Leverage is always with the talent, but the fact that the owners have practically none at all is what i'm referring to.

Long time reader first time poster!

The bottom line is if Tex wants to be here he will be, if we dont land him it isnt Boras' fault, Tex is a grown man and in the end he is the one who has to sign on the dotted line... If he dosent come here and we offered him something close to what he settles for then all that means to me is he really didnt want to play here as bad as he has said the last couple years.

But i am cautiously optimistic, i predicted as many did 2 years ago Tex would be here, and i have a feeling it is going to happen.

Whatever happens i just want this to be over so we can move on.

Archived