ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Baseball7117's info seemed to match up well with big bird's... not as thorough, but it was basically the same.

I'm not sure if his source has been checked out by the mod's yet, but I'm wondering if we have a new insider here on the Hangout? :clap3:

It's easy to come along and say that after a verified insider posts it.. :scratchchinhmm:

Thats how its suppose to work, but with Boras a lot of the times its the other way around. We shall see, hope I am wrong and I hope the Orioles step up for the first time in 11 years and get something productive done.

Actually, there's not a single instance of the player signing somewhere because Boras forced them to sign there.

Boras clients tend to go where the money is. That's why they hire him. He can get the highest paycheck for his clients, so it's fairly safe to say that if a guy hires Boras, money is the motivating factor.

That said, Boras isn't some evil mastermind with some agenda to fulfill. He's not going to try to get Teixeira in Boston to serve some other purpose. He's trying to get the highest contract for Tex possible for the same reasons any of us would: The higher the dollar amount on the contract, the bigger Boras' cut is. Scott Boras wants to get paid. Pure and simple.

If he was doing anything that was going against Teixeira's wishes, then Teixeira would fire Scott Boras. Period. It's exactly what Alex Rodriguez did last off season.

Boras will strongly urge Tex to take the highest contract out there, and that's likely what Tex will do. But if he decides to take less to play elsewhere, that will be his decision and his decision alone. Boras can seem underhanded and manipulative in the way he gets his job done, but at the end of the day, where Mark Teixeira puts his signature is completely up to Mark Teixeira.

Baseball7117's info seemed to match up well with big bird's... not as thorough, but it was basically the same.

I'm not sure if his source has been checked out by the mod's yet, but I'm wondering if we have a new insider here on the Hangout? :clap3:

Well, he says he is friends with a top-10 prospect and also with someone in the Warehouse. I know which top-10 prospect he's talking about and I believe him on that front, so I give him at least some credence.

If we sign Tex, we can mock Gammons, Olney and the rest 'till the cows come home. Until then, just say your prayers.

If we get Tex those guys will say it is a bad signing for the Orioles and they paid too much. If the Red Sox get Tex they will say it is a great signing for them and should cement 1B for the next 5 years on a championship caliber team.

The Orioles can't win with the media, and if you ever exepct anything different until they are beating the yanks and sox day in and day out then you are misguided.

Boras will strongly urge Tex to take the highest contract out there, and that's likely what Tex will do. But if he decides to take less to play elsewhere, that will be his decision and his decision alone. Boras can seem underhanded and manipulative in the way he gets his job done, but at the end of the day, where Mark Teixeira puts his signature is completely up to Mark Teixeira.

At the very end Teix decides whether or not to sign, but there is evidence with several players that he's willing to be (not just seem to be) underhanded, manipulative and to engage in actions directly contradictory to his clients wishes.

As you mention most clients hire him because their primary objective is to get the highest contract possible. If there are things more important to a player than landing the biggest contract possible then absolutely Boras is an awful choice.

They used to be the Expos. And Montreal is not very far from central Maine.

Go O's!

Or how about this:

John Maine used to pitch for Baltimore, which is near DC, and he currently pitches for the Mets, who are in the VERY SAME DIVISION AS THE NATS.:scratchchinhmm:

I believe I found your connection...

If we get Tex those guys will say it is a bad signing for the Orioles and they paid too much. If the Red Sox get Tex they will say it is a great signing for them and should cement 1B for the next 5 years on a championship caliber team.

The Orioles can't win with the media, and if you ever exepct anything different until they are beating the yanks and sox day in and day out then you are misguided.

And they might not be wrong.

Archived