The Teixeira Watch: Part IV

baltimorebirds

MacPhail has always said that the offer is "flexible" we may not have "officially" upped the original offer, but Tex knows that we will go higher.

Hence, we are not out of it and I think Buster's report is a bit erroneous.

I am sitting here with ESPN on, just got hom, and the crawl is still saying that the orioles are out, unless Tex "REALL REALLY wants to play there."

I mean, really? Is that news? It just seems silly to print that. Now we are hearing that the sox won't go eight years, which contradicts Buster's report - MacPhail has said we are not out of it, that is all that matters.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1) I think thats a stretch

2) I think your second baseman is a garden noam who could fit in my pocket

Just being honest. Welcome to the Hangout Sox Fan

LOL, I can't stop laughing at that attempt to spell the word "gnome." Sorry, I call a friend of mine "Little gnome" so that term makes me laugh anyway- seeing it spelled wrong was just icing... :)

BTW Buster now looks like an idiot.

Orioles 1, Buster 0

How so? Because he reported that the Orioles have not increased their initial offer about 5 hours before Andy MacPhail said publicly that the Orioles have not increased their initial offer?

Yeah, what a jackass Buster is!

Has anyone proposed the idea that the "flexibility" that keeps getting mentioned might be referring to some option years at the end, and/or a no-trade clause and/or an opt out clause included in the O's offer to Teixeira? Maybe that's how the Orioles are trying to make their offer more attractive to Tex, even if it has less guaranteed money than some others, since most sources are saying that we've offered less money.

Could be. I think it's more likely that the O's are just waiting out the process since they are being given the last chance to counter the final offers (assuming that's true). From the Weiters negotiation, I'm sure it's clear to Boras that AM is a cool customer and can wait out the process. I think AM talking about "flexibility" is just a public reminder to Boras that we're NOT out of the game and we have the power to make a move (aka don't you forget about me).

How so? Because he reported that the Orioles have not increased their initial offer about 5 hours before Andy MacPhail said publicly that the Orioles have not increased their initial offer?

Yeah, what a jackass Buster is!

His source said the Orioles are out. Big difference there.

"The Orioles are out of it, unless Teixeira really, really wants to play there," said one source.

Archived